What did you do to your motorized bike today?

I rewired my lighting system today (well started yesterday actually)

now i have a switches similar to a car with "park lights" (just taillight for now) low beam and high beam:

see my build thread (below) for more details

i didnt do a thing to MY bike today, but i did spend an hour or two making a walbro carb adaptor for the CAG motor i rack mounted for a friend the day before...

having tanks on level with gravity fed carbs doesnt work too well.

walbro pumper carbs with appropriate holes drilled in manifolds for the pump pulse work like a treat.

cag motors dont rev out very high with 10mm walbro carbs intended for 25cc brushcutters :(

people have ex husbands that work in mower shops and can get their own walbro pumper carb with a 14mm bore if they need the extra grunt.

i just did the basics so it will work when bolted on :)

I noticed the threads on my rear axle were stripped and no longer holding tight. Since I am only running coaster brakes on my bike I thought it would be good to replace the whole axle. After a visit to " The Pedal House" a local bike shop here, I had the axle and nuts I needed. I tore the rear wheel off and here came the rain:( It rained here for a week solid! Very unusal for this time of year. I got the rear axle replaced the day I got it but the rain stopped me from proceeding further. I finally decided to bring the bike into my kitchen so I could work on it without getting soaking wet! While I had it inside I thought I would do a little maintenance on it. I degreased everything, cleaned carb & jet, cleaned spark plug, and checked all nuts for tightness. Rain has finally stopped here.....Yah....took my MB out and it ran for 3 minutes and died. I had just cleaned the carb and plug and was getting spark when placed against head, but very weak spark? Hmmm.... I pulled it back inside and began testing cdi and coil. Got normal readings from cdi, but coil was giving me either 1 or up into the thousand range. I had the O.G. coil and tested it.....319 ohms. I pulled the bad one out and there was condensation behind the coil....BINGO its fried. Replaced it and it fired right up. So glad to have her up and goin again, and thanks to all the helpfull people on this site with their great info!

threw it to the ground and chased after the pup that still doesnt quite get "heel" at times.

locked dog up, picked up bike and went for ride that should have included a dog with too much energy.

I just finished swapping the headset out on my recumbent.A new task under my belt, not exactly a fun one.A couple of DIY tools for pulling/pressing the cups, a little cussin and it was done.It was way overdue, the steering would SNAP into straight position, and there was pitting, brinelling.I must say, I can't tell the difference riding, but at least I know I'm good to go now.

I decided to clean some of my whizzer parts today, my chainring and rear wheel.
Chainring was pretty dirty, cleaned up nicely, rear wheel did too.
Getting ready for some fun riding soon!

Ray

Attachments

• 2014-07-25 19.19.11.jpg
    2014-07-25 19.19.11.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 2014-07-27 15.55.55.jpg
    2014-07-27 15.55.55.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 194
From cleaning to reasembling the parts.

Ray

Attachments