Exhaust bracing, how did you do it?

GW's Motorized

Local time
3:22 AM
I want to brace the exaust on my Phantom 85 to prevent the welds from cracking. There's some rough roads in town and it will get bounced around quite a bit.

Whether you have a phantom, or a china doll engine, I wanna see how you did it. Please feel free to post pictures and descriptions of what you did, or just some ideas on how you would do it. Thanks!

If you look close you'll see that i took the easy (and before I catch flak i realize its not the best idea) way out and drilled a 8mm hole (refer back to the 8mm hole in my rear tire lol) and ran a flat metal bar to the mounting hole on the pipe. One front and one behind the frame.

Attachments

• IMG_20231226_114618.jpg
    IMG_20231226_114618.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 55
If you look close you'll see that i took the easy (and before I catch flak i realize its not the best idea) way out and drilled a 8mm hole (refer back to the 8mm hole in my rear tire lol) and ran a flat metal bar to the mounting hole on the pipe. One front and one behind the frame.
I like that, but my pipe is stock and doesn't have a tab. I'd prefer to keep it as bolt on as possible. Thanks for sharing!

I think I want to take it off the front motor mount to a strap kinda like the stock kit one, but better fitting with more adjustability. I'm still not sure on exactly how, hints the thread lol.

I like that, but my pipe is stock and doesn't have a tab. I'd prefer to keep it as bolt on as possible. Thanks for sharing!

I think I want to take it off the front motor mount to a strap kinda like the stock kit one, but better fitting with more adjustability. I'm still not sure on exactly how, hints the thread lol.
Well maybe I just wanted to show mine off 😋

I want to brace the exaust on my Phantom 85 to prevent the welds from cracking. There's some rough roads in town and it will get bounced around quite a bit.

Whether you have a phantom, or a china doll engine, I wanna see how you did it. Please feel free to post pictures and descriptions of what you did, or just some ideas on how you would do it. Thanks!
Get a coil of plumber's all round and a couple of bolts.

Not a six pack though.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Is this the same bike inside the house you posted earlier today? If so, it's pretty dark in the area in question. Can you give us a brighter close up shot of the pipe and frame? Maybe we can help you design something without messing up the frame. It sure looks like a nice lookin' ride. I'd be working on mine right now if I could bring it in the house. LOL

Back