Wanting to port my 100c intake and exhaust. No experience porting.

You went fancy lol. I usually skip the accessories like that, but they can be useful. I buy single and double cut burrs and my own sanding drum cartridges separate. Some genuine dremel stuff is worth buying, such as their cut off wheels and matching arbor.
Basically the stuff that can grenade on you, don't cheap out on! steel wire or chunks of fiberglass stings!

If all you want to do is clean things up, then you don't need what I describe. I thought you wanted to do proper port work.
I have this kind of 100cc. Someone in a discord server told me it's even worth porting it because the transfer ports are so small. They said I would be better off getting a 48mm LD90 cylinder kit and it would work way better

1000002437.jpg

This is the kind of 100cc engine I have. Transfer ports are supposed to be way too small to be worth porting. Should I port it anyways?

Attachments

• 1000002443.jpg
    1000002443.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 10
I have this kind of 100cc. Someone in a discord server told me it's even worth porting it because the transfer ports are so small. They said I would be better off getting a 48mm LD90 cylinder kit and it would work way better
There is still some power to be made, even with an imperfect design. Timing and port width can be optimized to create better power in a specific power range. The results may not equal 50mph speeds, but even if you could squeeze another 5mph out of it AND have better power in the lower RPM than you did before, why not? Optimization never hurts.

I also separately ordered the tungsten bits which I hear are best for porting
tungsten burrs? Single or double cut? They are the best for material removal, and I use a single cut burr lightly on my intake ports and manifolds to create the "rough" surface ideal for boundry layer vortexing (keeps fuel mixture suspended and improves velocity).

There is still some power to be made, even with an imperfect design. Timing and port width can be optimized to create better power in a specific power range. The results may not equal 50mph speeds, but even if you could squeeze another 5mph out of it AND have better power in the lower RPM than you did before, why not? Optimization never hurts.

tungsten burrs? Single or double cut? They are the best for material removal, and I use a single cut burr lightly on my intake ports and manifolds to create the "rough" surface ideal for boundry layer vortexing (keeps fuel mixture suspended and improves velocity).
Double cut Tungsten Carbide Rotary Burr Set for Dremel, 10PCS Carbide Double Cut Carving Burr Bits with 1/8” Shank Rotary Tool Accessories for Woodworking, Engraving, Drilling, Steel Metal Working https://a.co/d/6ApQJOK

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Double cut Tungsten Carbide Rotary Burr Set for Dremel, 10PCS Carbide Double Cut Carving Burr Bits with 1/8” Shank Rotary Tool Accessories for Woodworking, Engraving, Drilling, Steel Metal Working https://a.co/d/6ApQJOK
Yep, those are the ones. Single cut are worth having too, a bit less aggressive at material removal.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back