Using the Nu Vinci hub?

Yeah...Pics and videos please!.....so is the overall verdict positive or negative on these hubs?
Andrew

Oh...If the overall feeling on this hub is positive I would probably try to get some for experimental purposes (could get discounted prices on them if there is enough interest)....gotta get some multispeed gearing on my bike!
Andrew

So how about using the Nu Vinci in the Mid Drive configuration? That might be a way to use it and still maintain the bike's aesthetics.

You'll need a fixed sprocket on the left side to drive a happy time sprocket or a freewheel and it would all still need to spin on the axle but it would do away with having to lace it on a rim,but would it actually torque less than with a rim? Then you would essentially need two jackshafts.

That Bar looks thick, so my guess is it will do the job. Still needs to be attached to the chain stay on the other end though.

I think the Nuvinci is a very atractive gearing solution, we should give it a chance ,,,it is one of those elegant solutions to the old challenge of how to gear things right for the engine to perform.

I was thinking about the Sram dual drive and the new Sram i-motion9(340%), but now I am inclining my decision towards the Nuvinci; it is more of a mental hurdle now to figure out how would it feel not having fixed gears to go by.(hey 775..a Video is needed badly!!) This thing is just so different. You could almost have two throtles. One on the right hand for the gas; and one on the left hand for the Nuvinci(350% continuos)....and keep the engine, after start rolling from a stop, always in the sweet spot of the powerband.
Reminds me of the old Indians with a throtle on the left hand for the spark advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Torsion bars

The torsion bars work. I know for sure because I just put 12,000 RPM's to them. I wanted to either strip the wazzoo out of this hub or have it work. IT gets my both thumbs up. I wouldn't reccomend not having these extra supports because if you twist it hard enough & break it loose from your dropouts, you will really tear up the dual cable controls. Mines really solid now. I'm going to go 4 - stroke from now on. This hub will be awesome with a High performance Whizzer motor.

Good to hear. Glad it's working for you. I think that you may be on the crest of the wave of the future.

And I think your Whizzer might be the test of tests for the NuVinci. If it survives that much power...my hat's off for the DaVinci hub.

my buds got a torqued out 49cc honda 4 stroke mated to a nuvinci hub,we terrorize that thing.no problems i can see. ill do video of the torque we have put these hubs through.ok pics and vid tommorrow:D
Soo.. I'm never gonna get to see these pics/vids am I??

From the sounds of it... the internal gearing inside this NuVinci hub can actually handle a great deal of torque. Are torsion bars needed for a R/S engine? I guess it couldn't help to always have them on...

about video

i need a new camera,i was letting a person take pics of me riding a tadpole so i could show alaskavan but the guy did something to the camera,dropped it ?its stuck on a bad setting so,i gotsta wait i will get a video someday.:eek:sorry i cant get the pics any bigger.but from seeing the nuvinci for 6 mnths on my friends bike,pulling grocerys doin brake torques goin through mud,id buy one if i could use it.

Attachments

• th_bikes003.jpg
    th_bikes003.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 363
  • th_bikes005.jpg
    th_bikes005.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 336
Last edited by a moderator:
Back