two 49cc 2 strokes

does anyone have any ideas of a legal approach to gaining more speed but staying under the 50cc limit?
Thanks
Get a ktm 50 clone 9hp. Or you could soup up a ruckus. Mine does 40 but stock it was 35 it is probably because the 5.5 gram sliders but I did put a pipe on it and a lightweight flywheel.

Exactly why Im building an ebike. It will have 2 modes: a legal 20 mph mode, and a 45 mph mode. (I mathed it.)

So this way I can ride around town as a bicycle...But then when I switch power modes, it's on par with Surron and Onyx.
How much is this ebike conversion costing? I might consider something like this

His estimate on cost I believe was $2000 dollars, This was mentioned on his thread somewhere.
I think you confused this thread and dollar amounts with another thread entirely Gordy...lol.

Alright, budget has been decided. $2000, with very slight flexibility.

I'm going with 5kw, 72v. 10/50 gearing for an on paper speed of around 47 mph, hopefully 45 in the real world.

Like I said bike will be an old moped. Suspension upgraded, 3" tires shoehorned in.

I'm excited. Except for the money part lol

I think you confused this thread and dollar amounts with another thread entirely Gordy...lol.

No, I believe that thread was the one I was referencing. I thought @Amwicr was referring to that bike build

What your gonna try to do is to twist the law and interpret into what YOU want it to say and think you will convince a cop of that.

That bike you showed us is NOT street legal in any state in the USA as a motorised bicycle.
Actually if it was 40 cc and had the same transmission it would be legal in Oregon as a foot scooter engine, as long as it didn't go faster than 24 mph. Legality aside I witnessed an elderly guy riding one of those 3 wheeled 50 cc scooter trikes on a sidewalk, he was just puttering along at 5 mph, like it was a mobility scooter.

or if I print out the laws that say what im doing is legal would that help me?
So you can buy ATV CDI units that have a RPM cutoff at 5K, if you can set the gearing up so that maxes out at the top legal speed for a moped in your state, yeah maybe... But you would also need lighting and brake lights, helmet, riding gear and some states have to have some proof of your competent riding skill on an IC powered device being ridden on public roads.

So here's something that keeps popping up in Amazon. it's meant for a kids off road bike, but what I see is one really awesome little Oregon legal IC engine scooter parts source. The wheels, suspension, brakes handlebars, controls and engine are all screaming.. " Make me into a little road legal foot scooter!" $359 plus shipping. X-Pro Hawk Mini DirtBike
:cool:

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back