This group should design there own bike from the ground up!

We could start with someone making an instruction manual that’s not written in chinglish
Actually, we got three...lol...The instruction manuals for the Zeda motors and kits was written by an Aussie...lol.

You can download it automatically to your computer just by clicking the PDF's below as it would apply to just about any 2 stroke build...lol.

The first one on the left is the cylinder assembly manual, the second one in the middle is the 66/80 - 79/100 kit assembly manual, the third one on the right is the Phantom 85 kit assembly manual.

Attachments

• Zeda-Cylinder-Assembly-Instructions.pdf
    380.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Zeda-FIrestorm-80-100.pdf
    4.1 MB · Views: 68
  • Zeda-ZTMoto-Phantom85-Installation.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 31
I think if there is an engine to design we should go back to the golden days of the motordrome and design a simple V- twin with a round crankcase and separate cylinder heads and barrels. Not like the MS440/ms460 or like the honda gx160/clone and most small engines with the barrel attached to the crankcase and block. We arent running lawnmowers and pumps, we want to be able to have a modular build, something like the old ohv indians and harleys but with say modern components, from say regular patterns like Honda GX valve heads, pistons and fixings with custom conrods, cranks and pushrods, that way we can cover capacities from 125cc all the way to over 61 cubic 8nches (1000cc)... whaddya recckon? Modular 4 stroke v twin pattern with some modern components?

... you can make it open source and then by using .dwg format for the crankcase and cylinders, and proliferate digitally so that the design can be 3d printed either into casting oatterns, or lost wax investment pieces with provision for cores and other adjustments, like material shrinkage and sprue and pour holes.

With CAD based design of such a project jobbing in CNC tooling would allow faster turnover using offshore services, or local acquisitions.

An open source motorcycle has been done, but an opensource motorcycle engine already exists, it's the J.A.P. OHV! So why not base the design loosely upon that? It was copied by speedway engine builders, meguro, BSA, Harley Davidson, Westlake and others. It has been used in small engine/stationary applications, generators, mowers, aircompressors, air conditioning units, speedway bikes, race bikes, dirbikes, speedway bikes, hillclimbers, did i mention it was used as a speedway bike engine?

Just my thoughts on an open design.

I think if there is an engine to design we should go back to the golden days of the motordrome and design a simple V- twin with a round crankcase and separate cylinder heads and barrels. Not like the MS440/ms460 or like the honda gx160/clone and most small engines with the barrel attached to the crankcase and block. We arent running lawnmowers and pumps, we want to be able to have a modular build, something like the old ohv indians and harleys but with say modern components, from say regular patterns like Honda GX valve heads, pistons and fixings with custom conrods, cranks and pushrods, that way we can cover capacities from 125cc all the way to over 61 cubic 8nches (1000cc)... whaddya recckon? Modular 4 stroke v twin pattern with some modern components?
To Clarify, when i say we, i mean custom motorcycle builders, and vintage enthusiasts...

Back