The craziness continues

Production of the wiring harness is complete and amazingly, everything works! Fabricated a battery box from a heavy ABS plastic container and mounted it behind the engine shroud. Currently scouring for a cover.
This is a really nice thought-out build. Congratulations on a great job!

Did you make the rear stand or is it some type of stock and or modified stock unit?

Glad you like the bike, Risk Man. The rear stand was a cheapie I picked up several years ago and subsequently modified. Since it's spring operated, you can engage and disengage with your foot-no need to bend over to pull up. I installed an extension on the locking mechanism so it can be engaged and disengaged with your foot as well. Like early motorbikes wheel stands, it allows you to warm up the bike with the rear wheel spinning. I have a centrifugal clutch, so it serves the same purpose for me.

Life continued to get in the way today. First, a light fixture in my wife's closet pooped out and had to be changed. Then the fridge went on the Fritz, requiring a house call by an appliance repairman. Once all of this was out of the way I was able to weld 3/8" bolt shafts to the handlebar risers for reinforcement. The welds are ugly as sin (I'll never be a good welder or painter ). Hopefully, my primer/filler and paint will hide most of it. Even with the reinforcement, the handlebar clamps on top flex a bit which I don't like, so I'll be coming up with alternative clamps that bolt to the top of the risers.

Attachments

• Risers1.jpg
    Risers1.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Risers2.jpg
    Risers2.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 26
Does anyone wonder when these things stop being bikes and start being light weight motorcycles? Especially when you start adding disc brakes, heavy duty spokes and rims, reinforced mud guards, gears, lights, gauges, suspensions, panniers, and now electric starters. Is it a case of no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still a pig? Or if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck? Just asking.

Some parts have to be made out of heavier material, or else they will flex and the control will be off. Light machines are easy to control with out of balance parts, but it's a lot more fun when they just flow.

Is it a case of no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still a pig?
I am NOT a pig, I am simply a member of the "Porcine" persuasion...lol....My dining manners are still impeccable even if I do have lipstick on...lol...lol...lol.

porco-wet-lips.gif

Now on the other hand, these ducks are really whacked out...lol.

Does anyone wonder when these things stop being bikes and start being light weight motorcycles? Especially when you start adding disc brakes, heavy duty spokes and rims, reinforced mud guards, gears, lights, gauges, suspensions, panniers, and now electric starters. Is it a case of no matter how much lipstick you put on a pig, it's still a pig? Or if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck? Just asking.
I guess the peddles are the deal. However if your,"peddle" bike goes 50 mph there has to be a line somewhere. I'm sure the police would tell you what is what if they caught you going over 50 on your ,"bicycle."

I guess the peddles are the deal. However if your,"peddle" bike goes 50 mph there has to be a line somewhere. I'm sure the police would tell you what is what if they caught you going over 50 on your ,"bicycle."
Shhhhhh, be vewy vewy quiet, Dont tell anyone mine can easily do 50...lol.

For me: its when it is no longer practical to pedal.

Pedaling up hills is pretty much a no go for me these days,why I put a motor on a bike.

Back