The craziness continues

The most common PPG brand here is Glidden house paint. Home Depot sells house paint under the PPG name as well. Don't see anyone offering Metal Clad.

The most common PPG brand here is Glidden house paint. Home Depot sells house paint under the PPG name as well. Don't see anyone offering Metal Clad.
Too bad, it's good stuff. Maybe under a different name?
I painted my aluminum wheels on my truck with it a few years back. They were starting to look rough, so minimal prep, 1 inch brush. Had many comments about my new wheels. Still looks good.

Spent the day restoring a buddy's Honda Rukus that was flooded during Hurricane Florence. The carb and battery are toast, the engine was frozen from salt water leaking into the exhaust and thru the carb, the kick starter was frozen and the flywheel for the combination alternator/starter was corroded. Shot some WD40 in the cylinder and freed the engine with a breaker bar. Got the carb, battery, and air filter removed for new replacements. The best news is there was no water in the crankcase when I drained the oil mainly because the crankcase vent hose is connected at the highest point on the air filter housing (Honda engineers are smart). Should have this puppy back on the road shortly so I can go back to finishing my MB build. The moral of this story is, "Life gets in the way sometimes."

This thing continues to evolve. Instead of listing all the changes, I'll let the photos speak for themselves. It's still a diamond in the rough. I thought I would be painting or riding by now, but much more to do. At any rate, I'm happy how it's coming along.

Attachments

• raised tank1.jpg
    raised tank1.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 47
  • raised tank2.jpg
    raised tank2.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 51
This thing continues to evolve. Instead of listing all the changes, I'll let the photos speak for themselves. It's still a diamond in the rough. I thought I would be painting or riding by now, but much more to do. At any rate, I'm happy how it's coming along.
I dig the white and black theme. It's looking awesome.

Rear mount double leg stand is a nice addition to your bike
Grab rail on the back of the seat is cool
Your bike looks like an Adventure M/B with a tricked out front end (y)

Muffler reminds me of a Shotgun mount
So mounting a shotgun on the other side won't look outta place :LOL:

started wiring everything through the control box and got it all hooked up except the stop light and brake light switches on the brake levers. I know it looks messy, but as soon as the wires are tied up they'll be concealed by the fuel tank. I soldered all of the connectors and strengthened the connections with shrink tube. Unfortunately, I ran out of 1/8" which is what I use most on vehicle wiring. Had to resort to 1/4" which doesn't seal as well on 12-14 gauge wire. I realize part of the fun of MBs is their simplicity, and I am all for that, but in the interest of safety and practicality I tend to over engineer. Maybe I'm part German in that regard! Anyway, as soon as the wiring harness is finished and I get the battery and front fender mounted, I'll start the tear down for final sanding and painting. A quick inventory of my rattle can supply turned up several cans of flat black and semi-gloss black, so the home made parts will be any color I want as long as it's black. The brass freeze plugs for my springer springs came in, so I'll install them during the tear down. Hoping to get everything wrapped up by the time out pollen monsoon is over.

Attachments

• wiring1.jpg
    wiring1.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 27
  • wiring2.jpg
    wiring2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 27
  • wiring chart.jpg
    wiring chart.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 34
Production of the wiring harness is complete and amazingly, everything works! Fabricated a battery box from a heavy ABS plastic container and mounted it behind the engine shroud. Currently scouring for a cover.

Attachments

• best view battery box.jpg
    best view battery box.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 26
  • front view battery box.jpg
    front view battery box.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 22
  • side view battery box.jpg
    side view battery box.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 23
  • top view battery box.jpg
    top view battery box.jpg