Stripped stud question?

James98189741

Local time
8:05 PM
If one of the four studs is stripped what is best way to fix this. Using apoxy or tap and dye ?

Should I use a tap and dye to fix stud or could 2 part apoxy fix this and running it like that do I run risk of overheating bc of air leak

You pretty much posted the same question twice. Is the stud stripped or the hole it goes into?

If one of the four studs is stripped what is best way to fix this. Using apoxy or tap and dye ?
I assume your talking about the threads in case for the studs, Your gonna have to helicoil thread insert

JB Weld or another type of epoxy won't last long. Don't try it

I assume your talking about the threads in case for the studs, Your gonna have to helicoil thread insert

JB Weld or another type of epoxy won't last long. Don't try it
In some cases, you can also just retap the threads...if they are not drastically stripped right out, the size is M8 x 1.25 thread pitch...Otherwise it is just as Wrench said, helicoil it, do NOT try JB Weld or epoxy, it will not work for very long at all.

Moderators Note:
There were two threads on the same subject by same OP...I have merged them into one thread as there is no need for duplicate threads on the same subject which just results in duplication of effort for people to help out with the problem.

In some cases, you can also just retap the threads...if they are not drastically stripped right out, the size is M8 x 1.25 thread pitch...Otherwise it is just as Wrench said, helicoil it, do NOT try JB Weld or epoxy, it will not work for very long at all.

Moderators Note:
There were two threads on the same subject by same OP...I have merged them into one thread as there is no need for duplicate threads on the same subject which just results in duplication of effort for people to help out with the problem.

I have to admit I never owned a CG 2 stroke because I'm a Whizzer 4 stroke guy

But my question is , is there enough meat in the case to just drill the hole deeper and tap some more threads ?
Of course this means a longer stud would be needed

I have to admit I never owned a CG 2 stroke because I'm a Whizzer 4 stroke guy

But my question is , is there enough meat in the case to just drill the hole deeper and tap some more threads ?
Of course this means a longer stud would be needed
That's a good question. I never thought of that

Back