Smoke from cylinder head gasket and block fine ?

Copious

Local time
5:43 AM
Hello I've built myself a motorised bicycle wanted to get it going quicker bought a new exhaust hp carb and filter I've swapped back to the original nt carb until new jets come from china running to rich at top end decreased top speed,

So basically when I run the motor after I warm it up I get smoke flying out from seemingly all over the block both carbs this is after installing new components,

What I've done removed exhaust used exhaust assembly seal to ensure no leaks + gasket, removed bolts from head inspected gasket perfect condition replaced acorn nuts with proper nuts tightened until hand tight (aka tight as a gnats knacker)

Looked for cracks in block through piston strokes non visible nor on outer casing,

I ride the bike off road on hard dirt mostly, rigid bike Raleigh from the early 90's alignment is close enough 1.5 -2mm on rear sprocket removed tensioner tension chain without upgraded chain to jap 415s top doo doo,

Top speed from stock after breaking in approx 23 mph ? See people getting 40 out of these Chinese motors what am I doing wrong I'm pretty clued up with mechanics not sure what to do,

Sorry if that's a bit clinical wanted to put it as straight as I can I've been having fun on the bike chatting to loads of people and it's nice to go for a blast to relieve some stress

On another note after switching back to the nt carb and leaning it out am still getting close to 23 maybe faster but with smoky block still the compression seems fine also really strong so very bemused no leak from carb side either

Thanks sorry for the long question !!

it may take a while to run in if older style motor - motor smoke from outside happens if factory workers had greasy hands, or motor was painted black - motor smoke from a leak can be found by wiping everywhere with clean paper towel till an oil spot is found somewhere, that's where the leak is

the motor isn't greasy the paint isn't burning it's definitely combustion smoke

I found the oil spot above the exhaust manifold but can't find s defect ? Or leak

That cleared up after re assembly though with exhaust gasket sealant + gasket

Back