Silly build idea:

Like I said, just an idea. Good advice though.
I was thinking about this some more, with an equivalent of a 58 tooth sprocket in the low gear and a little kick off just to get it rolling the monster clutch on the bt80 should be able to take off well enough without burning out the clutch.

Hell, Mr. GW is running his with a 44 (or something like that) in that way. Now he's a kid(Jr. Or Sr. in highschool but still) and I am 5'10 and 180lbs, if the build comes out around 60 lbs or 70 lbs it should have enough oomf to launch once its barely rolling.

I was thinking about this some more, with an equivalent of a 58 tooth sprocket in the low gear and a little kick off just to get it rolling the monster clutch on the bt80 should be able to take off well enough without burning out the clutch.

Hell, Mr. GW is running his with a 44 (or something like that) in that way. Now he's a kid(Jr. Or Sr. in highschool but still) and I am 5'10 and 180lbs, if the build comes out around 60 lbs or 70 lbs it should have enough oomf to launch once its barely rolling.
Gordy maybe a high school kid, but he is a big kid about the same size as you are...lol.

JR after summer is over

Yup, I am 5' 10" and 180. My bike takes off good from dead stops with a 44 tooth. I had it up to 40mph at wot on flat ground, bit that was without my heavy @$$ saddle bags. The BT80 is a sweet engine
I'm assuming 26" wheels; so 9329 rpm then to do 40 with a 44t. Unless, this is a down hill speed.

With 27.5" wheels 8820 rpm
With 29" wheels 8364 rpm

Back