Seat post - Laid back?

I never ported a motor before & I personally thought of trying my hand at porting too to see if it's doable. I watched numerous videos and got great tips on this forum & I think I'd be able to do it. You have a lot of fine detail and quality parts going into this build, I've been following your progress & I really like your meticulous eye for detail. While your definitely more skilled then I am what I would suggest is you purchase the cheapest cylinder and try your hand on that one first.
I'm an inpatient person so if your in any way the same you most likely just want to get the thing done. If you do decide to practice on a more affordable cylinder I would seriously consider purchasing it if it turns out well. You set a fair price for parts and labor and I'm your man. In addition to the cash option I would also be willing to do trades. I sell on eBay and have a large variety of possible items of interest.... just some food for thought if you do decide to try your hand and practice first?? The only thing is that I own a Grubee Skyhawk motor now & any cylinder would naturally have to fit.
But I'm one of your followers, I appreciate that you post extensive comments on your threads & like I said, I can't wait to see the outcome!

I am impatient myself but at the same time I am trying to spread this out to give me a little bit to do other than hanging on the computer every weekend playing video games. Now my time is spent on my weekends between working on the bike when I have parts and doing reading online. I try to if funds allows me, to purchase parts online every weekend so that way I got a few parts coming in during the week to work on my bike. This week was the crank from MB Rebel, the two BB7 calipers, and my 22mm bb spacers. Since it was a slow week for me at work and boss took off yesterday for the rest of the week the shop shut down yesterday at noon and I got everything done by Wed. So now I am waiting some time next week for more parts to come in. I will have some brake parts coming in tomorrow such as 50ft of brake cable housing, 10 pieces of 6ft brake cables, ferrules, and cable ends.

I just need to tone back my purchases I think because work for some reason has been unusually slow lately and being commission doesn't help.

I am impatient myself but at the same time I am trying to spread this out to give me a little bit to do other than hanging on the computer every weekend playing video games. Now my time is spent on my weekends between working on the bike when I have parts and doing reading online. I try to if funds allows me, to purchase parts online every weekend so that way I got a few parts coming in during the week to work on my bike. This week was the crank from MB Rebel, the two BB7 calipers, and my 22mm bb spacers. Since it was a slow week for me at work and boss took off yesterday for the rest of the week the shop shut down yesterday at noon and I got everything done by Wed. So now I am waiting some time next week for more parts to come in. I will have some brake parts coming in tomorrow such as 50ft of brake cable housing, 10 pieces of 6ft brake cables, ferrules, and cable ends.

I just need to tone back my purchases I think because work for some reason has been unusually slow lately and being commission doesn't help.
Hey Rusty check out the conversation/message I started with you.

one thing I've done for an unmotorized chopper bike is get a regular braced layback seatpost and install it without the seatpost clamp with the gusset nested in the slot that's there. it never turned on me for obvious reasons and since there was a mile of post down in the seat tube it coming out wasn't an issue. after some dickbag stole the seat I replaced it with the same thing, but welded that gusset to the frame. not an option if you're mixing metals or don't have the equipment if you're going all aluminum, but it worked for me at the time back when everything was steel.

one thing I've done for an unmotorized chopper bike is get a regular braced layback seatpost and install it without the seatpost clamp with the gusset nested in the slot that's there. it never turned on me for obvious reasons and since there was a mile of post down in the seat tube it coming out wasn't an issue. after some dickbag stole the seat I replaced it with the same thing, but welded that gusset to the frame. not an option if you're mixing metals or don't have the equipment if you're going all aluminum, but it worked for me at the time back when everything was steel.

That's what I was thinking of trying. Not like I am doing stunts with the bike so it should stay in place and don't have to worry about the seat twisting as the gusset will be inserted into the slot. I will probably try that just have to wait work has been slow and I am going to have to try hard and put off spending money for my project for the time being. Stupid health care is killing me paying double what I used to for the same rate. All it does is puts me in a constant struggle to stay afloat when it gets slow like this year has been.

Back