Couple adjustments

graggy

Local time
6:13 AM
Finally cut my air cleaner up to make it fit seems to work good. Now thinking about moving my gas tank forward it’s a real nut buster when I come to a stop. I’m 5’11 and I can barely touch the ground with my toes. I sort of come to a stop and catch myself when the bike starts leaning over. Also thinking about cutting the seat tube down some to lower the seat. It’s down as far as it goes but I think it would go down further if I cut some of the tube off. It would get my feet a little closer to the ground

Attachments

• IMG_1403.jpeg
    IMG_1403.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_1404.jpeg
    IMG_1404.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1379.jpeg
    IMG_1379.jpeg
    213 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1362.jpeg
    IMG_1362.jpeg
    272.2 KB · Views: 64
Finally cut my air cleaner up to make it fit seems to work good. Now thinking about moving my gas tank forward it’s a real nut buster when I come to a stop. I’m 5’11 and I can barely touch the ground with my toes. I sort of come to a stop and catch myself when the bike starts leaning over. Also thinking about cutting the seat tube down some to lower the seat. It’s down as far as it goes but I think it would go down further if I cut some of the tube off. It would get my feet a little closer to the ground
I am shorter and suffer the same issue with all of these motorbikes. That is why I went to 24 inch wheels on my whizzers. strange the seat post does not go all the way down to the top of the seat tube. Most do. I have Risky's Ride all the way down and it is much better but I still can not stay in the saddle at complete stop

Turns out I can’t cut the seat tube to lower the seat. The seat tube that goes into the frame is like a shock absorber and the shiny part that goes up to the seat goes up and down when I push hard on it. So it’s as low as it can go

You can replace the seat tube.

One reason I like the cranbrook is it is low enough for me to touch the ground. Not alot of touching the ground, but enough.

On my bike I found that i could invert the seat rail clamp and thus lower the seat about 1/2"+ Another thought, what about ditching the peanut tank and swapping it for a tank behind the seat post?

I could lower the seat by about 1/2-3/4 of an inch maybe if I took the red reflector off the tube but I don’t think that would make much difference

Back