running hot... overheating 2 stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy a different cooling head if your worried has about 2" heat fins I got one but not on.
Use laser temperature gun see if you can back it to fact book.

I have a bbr 2-stroke silver angel fire that is running like crap now that I just put on a Boost bottle and just trying to get it tuned up the cylinder is smoking like hell like it's overheating

I have a bbr 2-stroke silver angel fire that is running like crap now that I just put on a Boost bottle and just trying to get it tuned up the cylinder is smoking like hell like it's overheating
You might have an air leak around the boost bottle, will make it run too lean.

here we go again...

if you can open the throttle wide open, without the engine bogging down or stalling, it is not running too lean and it is NOT overheating.

the combustion is 1200C or more.

what, you expect the cylinder to only be lukewarm when its got to deal with that sort of temperature?

when you hit 300C+, then you have a reason to be concerned. when the carbon under the piston crown turns to ash, you have a reason to be concerned. when the piston starts to melt, then you definitely have a reason to be concerned.

go poke your chainsaw after running it hard for half an hour. its smoking at the cylinder, despite having forced air cooling.

an engine BURNS STUFF. of course its going to get hot!

you know its an air leak when the idle is ridiculously high and the idle screw is wound all the way out. it doesnt affect WOT performance.

unless you are running reed valves, take the stupid boost off and seal the hole really well

If you are new to running 2 cycle engines it would probably be best to get the engine tuned correctly with the stock intake and carb before adding boost bottles/reed kits.

But then how are these companies going to make money?

If you are new to running 2 cycle engines it would probably be best to get the engine tuned correctly with the stock intake and carb before adding boost bottles/reed kits.

But then how are these companies going to make money?
The same way they always do my friend, by bottle necking noobs into buying useless crap until they learn that they are being ripped off.
At which time the consumer then learns how to do all of this work themselves LOL
By the way,
Hi LewieBike :)

I use 50:1 and I put 20 to 40 miles on my bike a day during the week. I'm in south Florida. I run a 49cc.

I use 50:1 and I put 20 to 40 miles on my bike a day during the week. I'm in south Florida. I run a 49cc.
Hi,
If ya don't mind me asking, what is 50:1 in ounces per gallon?
I use 6 ounces of Valvoline 2 stroke oil per gallon of gasoline and get no smoke.
Is that to little oil?

yeah i am right up there around 43 sometimes if i ride to get petrol 48 miles per day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back