Boardtracker bike needs a boardtracker motor. A How too

Jayraye39

Local time
4:04 PM
So all old school 1900s boardtrackers had very large engines. The largest part being the crank housing. They were very wide in diameter and I imagine very heavy. Today A early 1900s boardtracker engine is easily recognizeable because of this super large crank housing.

Since i replicated my bike off an early boardtracker. I thought I might aswell make the motor look from that time period aswell.

The CG bottom ends are just to small and look really goofy on almost every bike. Since getting a minarelli topend ive come very fond of the power. So today im gonna make my motor look much larger and more powerful sitting in the bike.

I bought 2 10in cake pans from Dollar general. I then will cut each pan to fit on one side of the bike just under the motor. The pan will contour the bottom part of the motor inorder to make look as part of the motor. After i get them fit up i will weld them in place. Then i will add fake bolt heads that go around the false crank case. I just started but this is what I got so far. what do you think? Does it look bigger
20240410_134239.jpg
20240410_134308.jpg
20240410_135029.jpg

So all old school 1900s boardtrackers had very large engines. The largest part being the crank housing. They were very wide in diameter and I imagine very heavy. Today A early 1900s boardtracker engine is easily recognizeable because of this super large crank housing.

Since i replicated my bike off an early boardtracker. I thought I might aswell make the motor look from that time period aswell.

The CG bottom ends are just to small and look really goofy on almost every bike. Since getting a minarelli topend ive come very fond of the power. So today im gonna make my motor look much larger and more powerful sitting in the bike.

I bought 2 10in cake pans from Dollar general. I then will cut each pan to fit on one side of the bike just under the motor. The pan will contour the bottom part of the motor inorder to make look as part of the motor. After i get them fit up i will weld them in place. Then i will add fake bolt heads that go around the false crank case. I just started but this is what I got so far. what do you think? Does it look biggerView attachment 211484View attachment 211485View attachment 211486
Nice fabrication job.

I've looked at those big thumpers. I think you should be the first. That would be something to be proud of. Any thing else I can say to butter you up before you get started? Lol.

I still want someone (maybe me) to use one of the vertical 400cc diesels from amazon. One would look good in your bike.
88 pounds and takes up a lot of space. I'd want at least 1/4 walled tubing because if how mich diesels vibrate. These will walk away if not bolted to the ground.

Attachments

• Capture+_2024-04-11-21-25-33.png
    Capture+_2024-04-11-21-25-33.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 16
Back