Ready for the wet noodle-Case mounted chain tensioners

gearhead437

Local time
2:21 AM
Dear Fellow Motorheads-Although I had a T-tensioner on Pepe, I'd like to use a case mounted spring loaded tensioner with the wide idler wheel, possibly coupled with the quality rigid tensioner that comes with the Pk80 kit from California bikes. Yes, I've researched other threads and am debating buying a sprocket gear/adapter. Once the bike arrives and I can mike the rear hub and double check the hub OD, I will order. As always, great forum and TIA:)-Gearhead437

I ordered a spring tensioner just to take out the last of the slop in my chain. I'll have to mod it to fit my engine. I'll let you know how it works

I ordered a spring tensioner just to take out the last of the slop in my chain. I'll have to mod it to fit my engine. I'll let you know how it works
REALLY???...After you already told me you successfully modified the chain to custom fit without a tensioner like mine???...lol...lol.

REALLY???...After you already told me you successfully modified the chain to custom fit without a tensioner like mine???...lol...lol.
Yup, I just wanted to see if it makes a difference. My chain only has like 3/4 inch slop. I also just wanted to try to mod one to fit the bt80 because the only one made for it is 50 bucks.

Any feedback on a case mounted chain tensioner with wide idler wheel?-Gearhead437

Yup, I just wanted to see if it makes a difference. My chain only has like 3/4 inch slop. I also just wanted to try to mod one to fit the bt80 because the only one made for it is 50 bucks.
I like the spring tensioner that I have. I think it looks cool. Especially since I painted it grabber green

I like the spring tensioner that I have. I think it looks cool. Especially since I painted it grabber green
If I can get one to mount to my bike and I like it I will also paint it to match.

Attachments

• 20230708_091231.jpg
    20230708_091231.jpg
    374.6 KB · Views: 69
It looks just fine without the tensioner from what I can see...lol...Chain looks just right on there right now.
I already ordered it. I probably won't use it, but I wanted to modify one to fit incase someone with a bt80 comes along, wanting to use one, but doesn't want to spend the 50 bucks I can help them modify one.

Back