Arch rigid chain tensioners

gearhead437

Local time
3:01 AM
Dear Fellow Motorheads-My Hyper cruiser had all of her bearings cleaned and repacked, and the defective bottom bracket was replaced with a cartridge at no extra charge! Installed the rear sprocket and the coaster brake plate needed an offset bend so that the sprocket bolt heads would clear the plate. Does anyone have any experience with the ARCH rigid tensioners that bolt onto the two rear tubes, thereby eliminating the possibility of the tensioner falling into the wheel and destroying it? TIA for any detailed inofrmation-Gearhead437

From what I've heard those tensioners and overall decent and they do eliminate the possibility of the tensioner destroying the rear wheel. I suggest you try to get the chain to fit without a tensioner. This was the best thing I did to my bike, it reduces noise.

Dear GW motorized. I understand that's one way to approach the issue-I just like having more adjustment room with the pedal chain:)-Gearhead437

Dear GW motorized. I understand that's one way to approach the issue-I just like having more adjustment room with the pedal chain:)-Gearhead437
There are some pretty sweet chain tensioners for bicycle chain. I'd suggest you use the tensioner on the less used pedal side.

I cut down both chains on my Hyper, 1st with the Zeda 80 motor, and also with the Phantom 85 motor...Here is both renditions of it with no tensioner and both chains are perfectly sized on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_0352.jpg
    IMG_0352.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 65
  • DSCN0229.JPG
    DSCN0229.JPG
    224.1 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN0228.JPG
    DSCN0228.JPG