Arch rigid chain tensioners

I use the arc type, just don't need to worry about going into the spokes, hundreds of miles and a few bikes with no problems. Make sure everything is aligned straight, and the roller is free. These, or just no tensioner at all is the safest bet.

Attachments

• Tensioner.jpg
    Tensioner.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 56
Thanx Damien 1307-That's a very nice center stand-Gearhead437
Your very welcome...Whenever you find me recommending something, it's because I usually already know the wrong way or the wrong item to use due to experience...lol...Thats one of the reasons I made that little tutorial on the who, what, when, where, why, and how, of the building of my bike so that others would and could avoid the pitfalls, save some money by NOT buying the wrong thing, and yet be able to build a sturdy, reliable, bike.

I have a moto for bike building...lol.

"It is one thing to just strap a motor on a bicycle and EXPECT it to work, It is quite another thing to carefully and methodically and mathematically build a motorised bicycle that actually DOES work"

The other one is called the six "Ps", courtesy of the US Navy...lol.

"Proper Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance"

"He who fails to prepare, prepares to fail"

Ahoy Damien-are you ex USN? I was an IC2 and declined the one set of general shore duties for arduous sea duty on a Nimitz class carrier (Desert Storm/Shield) followed by an Aegis cruiser forward deployed out of Japan. Those were 5 rough years of the real Navy. Glad I did it but wouldn't do it again!-Gearhead437

Ahoy Damien-are you ex USN? I was an IC2 and declined the one set of general shore duties for arduous sea duty on a Nimitz class carrier (Desert Storm/Shield) followed by an Aegis cruiser forward deployed out of Japan. Those were 5 rough years of the real Navy. Glad I did it but wouldn't do it again!-Gearhead437
He's an ex police lieutenant

Not actually, I did a little work for the Navy department back many years ago regarding codes and decryptions...lol...I was always surrounded by Navy personell and picked up alot of their witicisms...lol.

Very interesting! I was TAD to the ship's Master at Arms for 6 months on the USS Abe Lincoln and rehabbed the brig, along with filling the ATM machines. I enjoyed it more than the Engineering department and they liked me, as I was able to fix their plumbing whenever drug tests were required:)-Gearhead437

Back