Racing motorized bike ideas & advice?

I have mentioned the Sportsman Flyer company and their bikes before if you are looking to build a track bike. They have kits, frames and total builds with engines from 2 cycle to 200cc Liberators. I think they have electric starters on some units. I have attached a couple pictures I pulled from their site that give you a better sense of what is possible! Pedal-Bike-BTR.jpgsportsman-200-2.jpg

Jimmy H.

I have mentioned the Sportsman Flyer company and their bikes before if you are looking to build a track bike. They have kits, frames and total builds with engines from 2 cycle to 200cc Liberators. I think they have electric starters on some units. I have attached a couple pictures I pulled from their site that give you a better sense of what is possible! View attachment 57981View attachment 57982

Jimmy H.

The Sportsman Flyer looks really nice but it seems like they are just as expencive if not more so than the Phantom bikes. Looks like a sweet track bike.

Durring a build I usualy stay on a budget of under $1,000. Usualy I try to spend anywhere between $600 to $800 on a build because I like to upgrade to better hardware. My 4 stroke bike I put together this year was roughly $670. I snagged the bike for $250 on Craigslist & the motor kit was $322 shipped. Plus I got a $100 crank axle from Phantombikes & upgraded various nuts & bolts to better quality ones from my local hardware store.

I've decided to go with a Felt for my next build. I'm between the bixby or the Havana. The Havana would be good for a jack shaft shift kit build because it has gears which I'm considering but the Havanah is $500 & $300 is what I would be more willing to pay to save for upgrades & mods.

I could always just go with a bixby with another Grubee 4G kit & make mods to the bike & engine kit for speed and endurance.

Does anyone know if the Felt Bixby frame fits a 4G motor mount well? Or would I need a custom mount?

Anyone ever used a Honda GX160 engine? Thinking of using one of them for a race bike. It's got at least 4 to 5 HP.

Back