project idea

Local time
9:26 AM
I recently got a Mountain bike and my idea is that after I motorized it I want to make or buy a dirt bike body so it looks like one and it is light
I still want to be able to use this for high school (sophomore) any idea of what I can do pointers to make this work
anything is appreciated

I recently got a Mountain bike and my idea is that after I motorized it I want to make or buy a dirt bike body so it looks like one and it is light
I still want to be able to use this for high school (sophomore) any idea of what I can do pointers to make this work
anything is appreciated
Before you invest time and money into a project; look up your local legal statutes pertaining to motorized bicycles/mopeds/Scooters. Many places consider these vehicles to be the same thing. This does vary from location to location. If you don't know the local legal statutes, then you don't know the law. My state Tennessee legal statute is 55-8-101(35).

Since you say you want to use it for going to High School, find out if the school will allow such a vehicle on their campus.

Since you say you want to use it for going to High School, find out if the school will allow such a vehicle on their campus.
No one cares at my school. I even park my bike taking up a full parking spot.

I asked the Oregon DMV (since I live in Oregon) and they said under 50cc, under 25, and at least a class C/ learning permit

No one cares at my school. I even park my bike taking up a full parking spot.

I asked the Oregon DMV (since I live in Oregon) and they said under 50cc, under 25, and at least a class C/ learning permit
Schools can vary. When I was on Yahoo Answers Cycling I remember a post where a student in Illinois wasn't allowed to have a fixie on campus because it had no independent braking system. The OP needs to talk with someone who can allow or deny his bike being brought onto campus.

Back