Phantom85 reeds

mirman

Local time
2:21 PM
I think I have a broken reed in my Phantom85. Can I change just the reeds or do I have to buy the whole reed valve?

I think I have a broken reed in my Phantom85. Can I change just the reeds or do I have to buy the whole reed valve?
Did you actually look at the reed valve petals to confirm they are broken or are you just guessing at this???

If you are guessing, you are better off giving us a description of what it is doing rather than giving a supposition of what you think "might" be wrong with it.

Did you actually look at the reed valve petals to confirm they are broken or are you just guessing at this???

If you are guessing, you are better off giving us a description of what it is doing rather than giving a supposition of what you think "might" be wrong with it.
If I start it up and stay off the throttle it will run fine. If I start it up and after it warms up I give a full throttle for a few seconds it starts making a tapping sound. If I slow down to 25 or less and go easy on the throttle it stops tapping. I just finished my break-in. Half way through the first regular oil mixture.

If I start it up and stay off the throttle it will run fine. If I start it up and after it warms up I give a full throttle for a few seconds it starts making a tapping sound. If I slow down to 25 or less and go easy on the throttle it stops tapping. I just finished my break-in. Half way through the first regular oil mixture.
So in other words, the answer is no, you haven't looked at them with your own eyeballs to discern if the reeds are broken or not then???

Let us know when you do and kind of confirm what I already think about those reeds so we can then progress further from that point.

So in other words, the answer is no, you haven't looked at them with your own eyeballs to discern if the reeds are broken or not then???

Let us know when you do and kind of confirm what I already think about those reeds so we can then progress further from that point.
I will look at it tomorrow

Back