Phantom 85 pipe suggestions

I have a set of the green abs pads on standby whenever my current black and whites are too worn. They are made out of abs, so my fear is they will burn up fast, but who knows.
These guys.
I have a couple months on the green pads on my 29. They seem ok but not the grip of the black and white ones that I have on the 27.5. Subjective I know but that is my impression of them.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Regardless of what you try. You WILL HAVE TO port match whatever pipe you're using. This would probably be the only EFFECTIVE way of tuning a pipe properly for a Phantom 85. Meaning Carbide bit dremal work or machine shop work. I wouldn't say modding a small sprocket would be your first start. As mentioned before. Using a lower tooth sprocket is better from control of RPM. If you're trying to get more out the Phantom 85 gl... Takes TDC BDC tuning knowlege. Even then I don't see porting the cylinder much of a benifit as it's already pretty much done for you.

I got a cr80/85 pipe (I guess they're the same) on the way. It looks like the header pipe has a good bend to it that'll fit nicely.

If my clutch starts slipping, is there anything I can do about it without upgrading to an saf super clutch? That won't work on my bike because the pedals hit the springs.
If you have access to another person you can try bending your pedals crank arms with a plumbers wrench and propane torch while their holding the bike. However. if you don't mind spending about 35 bucks you can purchase this entire assembly to make clearance for yoru pedal cranks with little to no modifications necessary. That or extend the arms that spin your pedals.

Extended pedal adapters:

Wide Crank Assemblies:

Other source to fit a pipe would probably be adapted from creating a manifold that bolts on from the exhuast areas just like the muffler. You could probably save a lot of time by buying a stock exhuast. Then chop off the end. However I don't think you're going to see much of a preformance gain from a Honda CR80/85 straight pipe. The pipes diameter is much more narrow than the phantom 85s? However the Expansion chamber ones seem like a potiential. Keep in mind port matching the pipe diameter to the manifold of the engine would defeat anybodies idea of oh just stick to stock logic. I personally think some people here are lazy and very knowledgeable and spend more time joking and bantering. But that's ok their funny and full of knowledge. Skies full of limits and some are walls. I'd say try something :). Let us know the resualts you get from it.

There is quite a variation of used Expansion chamber cr80 pipes on ebay. You can either weld one to a cut stock exhuast manifold and port match it to the manifold. That or you can tack weld on each side of the pipe retaining clips for high lb pressure springs. I however see welding to a solid source more easy as shaping the pipe to slip onto the manifold will require a lot of heat and blacksmithing work. Extra tools and labor = more time and money spent.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back