I have just pulled the trigger for the newest Phantom 85 V-3

Before I made the purchase I did some reading. I ended up buying a bicycle with a frame that did not have round tubes lol. That was my first learning experience with that issue. When I go to purchase the phantom 85 v3 I will also be buying another bicycle from the local bike shop. One more fit to have an engine mounted to it

I built mine on the Hyper beach cruiser frame which is selling for $148.00 bucks at Walmart.

bfb61811-6c28-4323-9ac2-8e0ff717cfe1_1.19a1af507b81bd794153b1c0bb3d3b08.jpeg

This is a "tutorial on how I built it and where I got all the parts necessary to do so.

Here is the "Tutorial" on the clutch adjustment so you get it correct right from the very beginning.

My bike when I was finished building it...Much easier to build with the roominess of the Hyper frame.
DSCN0228.JPG

Could someone direct me to a general question thread please. I don't want to waste time and space with off topic stuff
It's OK, I have no problem with your posting about Phantom 85s on my thread, you can always start a brand new thread of your own when you actually start building one...lol.

Could someone direct me to a general question thread please. I don't want to waste time and space with off topic
It's OK, I have no problem with your posting about Phantom 85s on my thread, you can always start a brand new thread of your own when you actually start building one...lol.
Ok awesome. I had a question about throttles. I would l Iike to know if anyone has any suggestions as to qood quality ones. I have bought a few and all seem to be junk. Had 2 stick wide open on me

Had 2 stick wide open on me
Most of the time when these stick wide open, it is because the carburetor black barrel that holds the needle valve in it, gets inserted incorrectly into the top round housing of the carby.

Slide Assembly.JPG

That long slit you see in this pic can only go in one way in order to work correctly.
Inside that round housing, if you put your finger inside it, you will feel a little protrusion of a little "nub" which is on the right hand side of the carburetor as your looking at the bike from the rear when the kit assembly is mounted on the bike...That groove needs to ride on that nub so it does not snag in a WOT position on you, otherwise it gets jammed up when you open up on the throttle twist grip.

Could someone direct me to a general question thread please. I don't want to waste time and space with off topic

Ok awesome. I had a question about throttles. I would l Iike to know if anyone has any suggestions as to qood quality ones. I have bought a few and all seem to be junk. Had 2 stick wide open on me
Here's my current build with a similar setup. It's unfinished and I haven't had time to work on it, but you get the general Idea
20240112_224608.jpg

i just got my phantom running tonight and I’m really surprised by the loudness of it, it sounds as if there’s no muffler attached. Is that just how this engine is or did I do something wrong?

i just got my phantom running tonight and I’m really surprised by the loudness of it, it sounds as if there’s no muffler attached. Is that just how this engine is or did I do something wrong?
Did you start it in the shop?

They seem louder, but are under 95dB. It's just the nature of strong combustion. The pulses have more "pop" to them.My stihl saw unsurprisingly sounds exactly the same. Take the muffler off and learn how good of a job it does lol.

Back