Will that setup work with my phantom 85 bottom

Attachments

• IMG_2519.jpeg
    IMG_2519.jpeg
    436.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2518.png
    IMG_2518.png
    216.3 KB · Views: 53
Wait also for @ImpulseRocket to weigh in on this as he has some knowledge about this setup from another forum he is on.

In the meanwhile, he has been addressing some of this already on another thread here in this forum.

The Menace is just a chopped P85 jug. I wouldn't bother if you have a running p85, V4 is rumored to be in the works and you would be better off to wait as v4 is also rumored to be 2 pieces.

Most (all?) people on here don't really fancy Mr. Smolik. He is known to rip people off (allegedly)

That's all I have to add
The Menace is just a chopped P85 jug. I wouldn't bother if you have a running p85, V4 is rumored to be in the works and you would be better off to wait as v4 is also rumored to be 2 pieces.
Did you guys notice he is trying to mix the Smolik Menace cylinder with Zanes, California Motor Bike Avenger head???

Well funny thing about that is I don’t have a a running v3, it happens again, maybe I was going a little hard on the throttle, or idk. But I just went ahead and purchased it, it came out cheaper than the replacement kit from bicycle engines, that’s for sures

Attachments

• IMG_2523.jpeg
    IMG_2523.jpeg
    810.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2524.png
    IMG_2524.png
    599 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2525.png
    IMG_2525.png
    560.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_2526.png
    IMG_2526.png
    715.9 KB · Views: 39
I was going a little hard on the throttle,
You must have been wailing on that sucker before the 300 mile breakin was over, it would be interesting to also know what you were using for oil during this time as well as what oil/gas ratio you were using and if you were actually mixing it and shaking it in a one gallon gas can and not just in the tank since it does not mix evenly that way.

Well funny thing about that is I don’t have a a running v3, it happens again, maybe I was going a little hard on the throttle, or idk. But I just went ahead and purchased it, it came out cheaper than the replacement kit from bicycle engines, that’s for sures
Those pictures is why I prefer 4 strokes. Just got a gx50 clone.

Been way over the 300 miles and using 2stroke non synthetic Quaker state oil , and I haven’t been mixing in gas tank only in gas can 25:1

Back