Painting Side covers - 2 stroke

I'd assume they don't get hot enough to need high temp. I used regular rustoleum on mine and they are still holding up. I suggest you let them sit in the sun and get nice and hot before painting them. It bakes the paint on and makes it more durable

I think you could use automotive paint & be fine. I would use some of duplicolor color match/perfect match paint & primer. Then finish it off with some of the duplicolor clear coat. You can get any color under the sun including metallics & Pearl's.

I think you could use automotive paint & be fine. I would use some of duplicolor color match/perfect match paint & primer. Then finish it off with some of the duplicolor clear coat. You can get any color under the sun including metallics & Pearl's.
I used the duplicolor primer, some rustoleum paint, then the duplicolor clear. It's fine mixing paint brands as long as you let it fully cure before you paint with the other brand

Thanks for the ideas... .. I was out to the auto parts store early to get started on the all day projects on the bike. I ended up finding a nice selection of engine paint from Dupli Color with several shades of red including an 'orange red". Got it done with out fussing over itl 3 coats in the 90 degree temps just outside my garage on my folding table spray booth! Cam eout ok. Just one chip. May repaint again some day if I really want to go the "shoe bike" route.

Thanks for the ideas... .. I was out to the auto parts store early to get started on the all day projects on the bike. I ended up finding a nice selection of engine paint from Dupli Color with several shades of red including an 'orange red". Got it done with out fussing over itl 3 coats in the 90 degree temps just outside my garage on my folding table spray booth! Cam eout ok. Just one chip. May repaint again some day if I really want to go the "shoe bike" route.
That duplicolor orange-red is one of my favorite engine colors. Its sharp when paired with black or dark blues.

Back