Oil ratio help

There has to be reasonable suspicion and they have to tell you if you ask. Most people assume you have to, so they don't ask what crime they are being suspected of.

It's almost a direct split. Oregon is not a stop and ID state.
Ah, OK, point noted...lol.

You DO know that LEO's still have ways around it though, Right???...lol.

Maybe, but I wouldn't fold to them infringing on my rights just for the ease of a stop. If I did nothing wrong, they ain't getting my ID
It is only asking for ID, a request, if it isn't law they can't legally pinch you on that, but declining a simple request can raise suspicion and signal distrust or disrespect and they can and will find a reason to pinch you if they wanted to.

Call it licking boots, but not sweating trivial stuff and not giving attitude will definitely save you a court date, I've been pulled over probably 10 times for speeding or expired plates, got out of 2 speeding tickets and like 5 expired plates (I'm really bad about it as my current plate went bad in March).

And yeah, playing stupid doesn't work.

It is only asking for ID, a request, if it isn't law they can't legally pinch you on that, but declining a simple request can raise suspicion and signal distrust or disrespect and they can and will find a reason to pinch you if they wanted to.

Call it licking boots, but not sweating trivial stuff and not giving attitude will definitely save you a court date, I've been pulled over probably 10 times for speeding or expired plates, got out of 2 speeding tickets and like 5 expired plates (I'm really bad about it as my current plate went bad in March).

And yeah, playing stupid doesn't work.
Saving a court date imo isn't worth throwing away my rights.

Saving a court date imo isn't worth throwing away my rights.
I figure Google, China and probably 20 dark websites have WAY more than my ID.
There isn't any harm in it, now if they want to search my home willy nilly, then yeah, I'm going to ask for a court order.

The media has really created a "Us vs. Them" culture that is slowly eroding civilization.

Cops are just human beings doing their job, everybody has a bad day every now and again.

Choose your battles wisely.

I figure Google, China and probably 20 dark websites have WAY more than my ID.
There isn't any harm in it, now if they want to search my home willy nilly, then yeah, I'm going to ask for a court order.

The media has really created a "Us vs. Them" culture that is slowly eroding civilization.

Cops are just human beings doing their job, everybody has a bad day every now and again.

Choose your battles wisely.
Power corrupts. Alot of the guys in blue have got a huge chip on their shoulders and everyone knows that. Not all, but most.

There has to be reasonable suspicion and they have to tell you if you ask. Most people assume you have to, so they don't ask what crime they are being suspected of.
Blah Blah Blah, be a know it all or a smart azz to a Cop

Just hope you don't get your azz kicked and end up in jail overnight with a resisting arrest charge

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Tell it to the Judge, You have a right to a speedy trial :LOL:
This is a real world situation

Just cooperate and everything will go smooth and be fine, even if ya did break the law

Blah Blah Blah, be a know it all or a smart azz to a Cop

Just hope you don't get your azz kicked and end up in jail overnight with a resisting arrest charge

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Tell it to the Judge, You have a right to a speedy trial :LOL:
This is a real world situation
Back in my day, when the jail cells were still in the basement levels of most PDs, when we got some smart arse that "forced" us to arrest them, it was just amazing how many of them tripped down the stairwell going to their cells...lol...lol.

Back