Nice Jackshaft Idea

I know this is off topic here but I should clear up some stuff on octane. The only thing that a higher octane does is raise the flash point to eliminate pre-ignition. It will not increase horse power, in fact by definition it decreases it...
I have heard several people make this claim, and I believe it for most octane boosters. But I dare you to try that specific one & tell me it doesn't increase horsepower.

I'm not saying that that particular product won't increase horsepower but increasing octane alone won't.

Looks excellent, so you just start the engine using the pedals?
Also the extra plate you have on the seat post motor mount, is that to stop the jack shaft hitting the rear wheel or is it just how you mounted your engine?

Yes, you pedal to start just like normal, the difference is that with the stock set up you can use some of your bikes forward momentum to help turn the motor over, now you can't. It is just basically a direct drive from the pedals to the motor until the engine fires, then the freewheel allows the chainring to spin but not the pedals.

The rear motor mount was a must. The force on the motor from the jackshaft to chainring is now down, it wanted to twist the motor. With the stock set up the motor is just trying to be pulled straight back through the seat tube. Without the new rear mount the motor would just slip down the seat tube and loosen the chain.

Hi ghost0 Kit looks good, if it works well for $200+ shipping I'll get one.
That is US dollars???
The rear sprokets on the back wheel have to be locked don't they???
So you can peddle start the motor.
Do you have any trouble with the derailer when bump starting???

Yes that is US dollars.
You do not need a locked rear hub, standard freewheel cassette, internal geared hub or NuVinci all will work.
The reason you don't need a locked rear hub is because of the front freewheel. You won't "bump start" in the traditional sense. When the clutch is released, pedaling turns the motor over directly. You could remove the chain from the chainring to the rear cassette and still start the engine.

Gost0

I might have missed reading an earlier post somewhere on this thread, but can you please post up exactly the parts that your Jack-Shaft Kit will come with? Will the Kit include the free-wheeling crank and sprockets, or will we have to order that separately?

P.S. What form of payment do you accept?

Thanks.
Steve

Let's just say it includes everything. But I will run it down for you.
Front freewheel crank assembly including, cranks, freewheel, 2 chainrings and spindle. Bearing mounting plates, including bearings, sprockets, axle and mounting hardware. It also comes with the rear engine mount with all mounting hardware. Hope this helps and it looks like Paypal will be the initial payment method once we start selling. Looks like early June.

Back