Nice Jackshaft Idea

Post the address for pre orders and necessary parts.

Options on my bikes cassett gearing
Five speed or six speed or what.
$200 is ok 4 me .

Whatever casset your currently using will work fine, obviously a 6 speed gives you more ratio options than a 5 speed.

I am working on selling it as a kit. The design has been finalized and am working on getting the inventory put together. It should be available in 30 to 60 days.

well, it's sick man, looks beautiful. There's no problem with using the stock shimano-style derailer on the rear? what top speed have you gotten?

Ghost, that jackshaft is seriously genius. Cant wait for this as a product, its way beyond me building one. Got access to a video camera? You should make a retail style video for it (plus I cant wait to see how it looks!) Just like Andy from Kings. I admire your bike man!
Fastboy

Oh yeah whats the top speed? You gotta be rocking on for fifty!

So far I have had no problems with the standard rear casset. I have been careful though, no powershifting. I just crack the throttle a bit when I shift. So far no problems. The nice thing about it is that it gives you options. You can use a standard casset, interal hub shift or a NuVinci.

I went on a ride yesterday for about 5 miles. I finally got a computer so I can tell how fast I am going. I hit 37 mph with the stock HT pipe. I am redesigning my tuned pipe layout to make it more marketable. I think 40 plus with the pipe wouldn't be too hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
... I hit 37 mph with the stock HT pipe. I am redesigning my tuned pipe layout to make it more marketable. I think 40 plus with the pipe wouldn't be too hard.
http://www.autobarn.net/xx12010.html

That stuff's prolly not what you're looking for, but it really works for adding a bit extra OOMPH to your top end. Some people say that octane booster doesn't effect your engine in anyway if the engine doesn't require it, but that juice kicks any engine into overdrive.

Ghost,that's a good price considering it includes the freewheel crank,but the BMX style sprockets up front wouldn't work with the 10 speed style sprockets out back,unless I missed reading something.

I know this is off topic here but I should clear up some stuff on octane. The only thing that a higher octane does is raise the flash point to eliminate pre-ignition. It will not increase horse power, in fact by definition it decreases it. I used to crew for a national champion kart racer. The only time we would ever use high octane fuel is when ambient temperature was super hot. The higher octane would make the motor run cooler so we could still maintain proper fuel mixture "lean" without the motor overheating.

Large,
They are not BMX style chainrings, they work with standard chains. That is what is on my bike. I am using a standard mountain bike 6 speed rear cassette.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back