Newbie from Albuquerque NM, 80cc chinese engine with mods

Well if you see a yellow beast shooting around on a umm kinda crazy looking bicycle that is modified to a oblivion with a 6.5hp motor thats me :eek:

Hello spunout, SlicerDicer and Big Papa Pun,

Thanks for the warm welcomes and the alert to look for the yellow beast crusing around Rio Rancho. I work a lot of hours Mon-Fri, but I haven't forgot about documenting my carb mods. I am thinking about how to organize it to make it easy to do. I will make a text version and then edit it later with pictures. I'll put links in on where to get some of the aftermarket parts that I have found. CARB MODS INSTRUCTIONS coming soon.
:D Since I'm new here should I post the Carb mods to the TechMech area?:D
...........Thanks, quarkdude

quarkdude said:
CARB MODS INSTRUCTIONS coming soon.
:D Since I'm new here should I post the Carb mods to the TechMech are?:D
...........Thanks, quarkdude
the perfect place !!!
hopefully to end up in the manual area after it is deemed 'worthy'

Welcome. :)
Albuquerque...home of the Unsers. Jerry was in the Navy with my Dad back in '53.

Back in the day we would fill the main jet with Super Glue, let it harden, then open it up a little at a time with a very hot needle. Worked when the dirt bikes were used mile high.
Looking forward to the tutorial.

Hello ol' Pete,
Using super glue sounds like an ingeniuos MacGyver solution to an impossible situation like trying to find jets for a Chinese 2 stroke engine. I bet that worked really well. Your description is basically what I have done, just using a soldering iron and 99% pure silver solder ( High Melting Point).
..................quarkdude

Once the weeping stops (pun intended), super-glue is fantastic for wound closure (another pun intended). That is why we had it with us. After a day of riding with fat jetting the solution came to us as we were drinking the evening's beer. It was easy to clean out once we got back to the high desert.

Welcome once again. You will find all kinds of neat tips 'n tricks on this board. :)

Hello quay1962,
Thanks for the welcome. This site is awesome and the knowledge of the motorized bike here is probably the best on the web. Rode the bike into work today - the air temp was great, came in at 6am so not too many cars. Going home in traffic is always an experience here in Albuquerque.
............Thanks, quarkdude

Back