My Phantom 85 project

Should I brace the rear dropouts also?
Phwoar... umm. If you could cut off the angle drop-outs and fit horizontal drop-outs if you can. Otherwise... just leave it. Most of these older bikes are way stronger than newer bicycles. Well, for the lower end of the market anyway.

Phwoar... umm. If you could cut off the angle drop-outs and fit horizontal drop-outs if you can. Otherwise... just leave it. Most of these older bikes are way stronger than newer bicycles. Well, for the lower end of the market anyway.

Already handled it lol
My dropouts fit great! I was really worried about this part because it could have been a huge struggle. Fortunately they went in fairly easy and will come back out too. It just takes a little kinetic persuasion. I haven't tecked the in yet because I need to clean the metals as good as I can since I will be tig welding this. (Yes they do go all the way into the tube, they just spring back because the metal is used to being in a different place)
View attachment 201164

If anyone wants the file for these I am happy to share. They are for 55 degree chain stays.

Also, here's a quick update on the bike. I decided to use a hyper for my Phantom. This bike however is not going to be waisted. I plan to paint it come spring, put the forks I have on it, and swap everything from my cranbrook onto it.

Back