mounting rear disc brakes on a 26 inch BBR mag wheel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullfarmer68

Local time
11:18 AM
So I bought a set of 26 inch BBR Tuning mags and says you can put disc brakes on them well it came with a 36 tooth sprocket already installed on it. So I bought front and rear disc brakes for it and the 6 holes on the brake rotor perfectly match up to the holes mounted on the hubs of both wheels. But when I put the brake rotor on the rear it is right against the rear drive sprocket so that makes it were the chain will not go on because its way to close . Can anyone explain how to make this work do I need a spacer or some kind of adapter or is there a way to put a coaster brake in that hub. If anyone knows a fix to this issue it would much appreciated

I believe there is a spacer that goes in between the sprocket and the rotor.

Think I’d seen ‘em in 2mm-5mm, plastic and alloy, 44mm and 48mm. Gary55 also had one he did with stacks that looked pretty solid (cain’t seem’da find ‘at pic). The machined 32t 12.5mm offset stainless one I got off th’ Russian looks like it mighta been the last he did, b’fore he ghosted, but I think I saw some from CDH too.

You might need to offset the sprocket in towards the centreline of the bike to get it correctly lined up with the engine sprocket, anyway, so I would start with that before going on to the brake.

You might need to offset the sprocket in towards the centreline of the bike to get it correctly lined up with the engine sprocket, anyway, so I would start with that before going on to the brake.
Well the way they made this wheel you cant move the sprocket only thing you can do is flip around but then its to far off being able to line up to engine. Been trying to find there website so i can see if they have a solution but still no luck on that

Well the way they made this wheel you cant move the sprocket only thing you can do is flip around but then its to far off being able to line up to engine. Been trying to find there website so i can see if they have a solution but still no luck on that
Have a look through the drivetrain section on here and you'll find all the information you need. :)

so why does cnc bbr tuning mags say that it will work with any disc brakes but i still have to buy an adapter that does not make any sense to be plus I only have the six holes thru the drive train sprocket that holds it on the hub

so why does cnc bbr tuning mags say that it will work with any disc brakes but i still have to buy an adapter that does not make any sense to be plus I only have the six holes thru the drive train sprocket that holds it on the hub
1 because it will work with disc brakes 2 because it can be made to work with disc brakes and a sprocket, and 3 because they want your money so they simplify the bait to get more bites . It's a profit deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back