Just bought a gx50 clone

Will'smotobikes19

Local time
6:14 AM
Is this a good buy? Too late now lol ordered it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/126059011805

Says made in Thailand instead of China and just over $150 with tax. I bought a friction drive China kit from ebay and wanted a backup motor.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Here's a real gx50. Yours will be a clone made in China. They try to make them look like the real thing with the stickers. You paid less than half price for a new clone motor. I think it's a good deal if they hold up, never owned a gx50 clone. SEW GX50 $319 plus shipping.

GX50NTS3_1.jpg

All the small Hondas are made in Thailand now, yours probably came from the same factory as the branded ones.

Of course the 43cc mit is a 2 stroke. I have a 33cc PUREFIRE Tanaka, and it's an
amazing engine. Very little smoke, and noise, and high quality carb. So if the
clone is like the Tanaka, it would be a good, reliable motor, but no motor
can beat the Honda GX50 which I also own for FD.

I used to have a subaru eho35 and a gebe kit a few years ago good little motor but not too much power. 1.6hp I think I've heard of the Tanaka but sadly alot of these motors are no longer made.

I also own a Eho 35. It's a good reliable motor but heavier than the Purefire 33c
which comes in just over 6 pounds.

Back