howdy - intro post

I hope your using more oil per gallon that what that bottles says, that is only 3.2 ounces for a 40:1 mix...You need to have 2 of those 3.2 ounce bottles to equal 6.4 ounces of oil to one gallon of gas for a 20:1 mix

NEVER
try mixing oil in the gas tank, you can't shake up the mix that way so the mix will not be uniform.

Use a one gallon gas jug with one gallon of gas and pour in 6.4 ounces of that oil and shake mix vigorously EVERYTIME before pouring mix into gas tank to do this correctly.

I hope your using more oil per gallon that what that bottles says, that is only 3.2 ounces for a 40:1 mix...You need to have 2 of those 3.2 ounce bottles to equal 6.4 ounces of oil to one gallon of gas for a 20:1 mix

NEVER
try mixing oil in the gas tank, you can't shake up the mix that way so the mix will not be uniform.

Use a one gallon gas jug with one gallon of gas and pour in 6.4 ounces of that oil and shake mix vigorously EVERYTIME before pouring mix into gas tank to do this correctly.
Is 25:1 ever used for breakin? I wonder where I got that from

NEVER

yea at the store you can get it in a 6.4oz bottle, i mixed up a gallon at 16:1 for break in as per the manual. it was 8oz to a gallon.

everyone has their own little advice. it's kind of exhausting. I went with the instruction book lol. also went with 16:1 decidedly after watching a build break fix video where he showed a pile of scorched pistons from people who broke in or ran with a too oil-lean mix. i reckon one gallon of heavy mix won't hurt it none. i'll run 32:1 after break in. I have a big bottle of lucas semisynth for that. I'll keep an eye open for amsoil though after break in, i bet the motorcycle shop where I got my helmet has it.

Yep, it is a usual mix...I am only suggesting 20:1 in this one particular instance for Bren at this time as we are dealing with an unknown commodity with his motor already running too lean, so now that he seems to have that problem corrected 20:1 is what I would be going with to get things properly lubricated inside his motor...16:1 is too heavy a mix despite what the instructions that came with his motor have to say

Oil leaking outta the pipe and onto your shoes is pretty much proof of that...lol.

Yep, it is a usual mix...I am only suggesting 20:1 in this one particular instance for Bren at this time as we are dealing with an unknown commodity with his motor already running too lean, so now that he seems to have that problem corrected 20:1 is what I would be going with to get things properly lubricated inside his motor...16:1 is too heavy a mix despite what the instructions that came with his motor have to say

Oil leaking outta the pipe and onto your shoes is pretty much proof of that...lol.
i'll try 20 after this gallon of 16 is used up. sounds convenient, just dump a 6.4 oz bottle into a gallon and good to go, lol

yea i went out to the bike park this evening and did some longer pulls, put on several more miles, I think the air leak situation has been corrected and she's running alright now. it feels awesome having it finally squared away

build break fix video where he showed a pile of scorched pistons from people who broke in or ran with a too oil-lean mix
BBF has a very dubious reputation in the world of MB bike building and maintenance and believes he is the only one that can ever be right in all things MB...lol...lol.

He was also known as "Little Care Bear" and "Evil Care Bear"...You will not find any of our seasoned builders in the forum ever refer to him as someone who's advice and guidance should be listened to...We all had enough of him as well as some very bad advice he tried to spew in the forums during his short "tenure" here...lol.

This is the kind of guy your actually listening to and what he does to retaliate against people who disagree with him.

There are many, many more posts about this guy but I figure you can figure this out for yourself by reading just a few posts about him.

He is no longer on any of the 2 major bike forums...lol.

BBF has a very dubious reputation in the world of MB bike building and maintenance and believes he is the only one that can ever be right in all things MB...lol...lol.

He was also known as "Little Care Bear" and "Evil Care Bear"...You will not find any of our seasoned builders in the forum ever refer to him as someone who's advice and guidance should be listened to...We all had enough of him as well as some very bad advice he tried to spew in the forums during his short "tenure" here...lol.

This is the kind of guy your actually listening to and what he does to retaliate against people who disagree with him.

There are many, many more posts about this guy but I figure you can figure this out for yourself by reading just a few posts about him.

He is no longer on any of the 2 major bike forums...lol.
yea i gathered that there was beef. I get that the guy is a bit, well, socially autistic, lol. Still, i found his advice to be the most sound on youtube, as compared to the other "40:1 cradle to grave" feller. and his video "motorized bike engine repair bible" was immensely helpful (if not just a little bit messianic) while i was putting my engine together. funny though that he recommended 16:1 while he himself used 18:1 for break in.

it's probably for the best though, given how likely these things are to suck air after you first put them together. at least you know it's getting -some- oil running a heavy mix...

Back