How to legalise in UK

UnclePennybags

Local time
7:54 AM
Hey guys, I'm a UK lad and I have a 80cc 2 stroke. I was wondering how I would go about registering my bike with the DVLA and getting insurance as I was not able to find out much online. If anyone here has any knowledge, it would be much appreciated.

I do not believe our homemade bikes with motors strapped to them are even legal for road use in the UK...Same also goes for EU countries as well as all of Australia and some of the Canadian Provinces.
Saw on Reddit someone in the UK got caught and they made them strip the bike and turn in all the motorized parts on the side of the road.

they made them strip the bike and turn in all the motorized parts on the side of the road.
Surley they can only take the main block and the fuel tank as without it its just a bike with useless extras
Sounds like that is exactly what the police did do in this case, he got to strip down the bike right there in front of them on the side of the road.

Thanks for the help, for now my best bet is to put some form of cover on the engine when not in use. When I get to a secluded area I can take it off and drop the clutch.
Thanks
You need to become the master of disguise. Peddle all the time, put a few lightning bolts on it and make it as quiet as you can.

Back