Fix your cvt and save you money !

astrosky

Local time
6:23 AM
I was using a motorized bike with a china doll for the longest time my aunt ended up selling me a yamaha riva 200z and man it was night and day!

However... Its a rare scooter and if your parts fail you are s**t out of luck or wait on ebay untill someone lists a part for it..

Well i stripped my cvt tighening the n whyut ( the wrong way like a idiot!) I managed by pure luck to fix the whole shaft !!!

My friend said i need to make a video on this ( he was helping me repair and brainstorm as hes a long time motorized bike builder and scooter repair guy)

He was shocked of my fix nd even my dad doubted this would even work!

Well here it is! Please tell me if this ever helps you as i truly relate to feeling scared that your ride is ruined!

Heres the video!

I would have just tapped the end a size smaller, but good job with the fix. Whatever gets your ride back on the road!
Would be good but if you noticed I welded the end this made the weld become super hard! Which means it would have been impossible to tap with the harbor freight taps I had! So I had to quickly think of something I chopped it off threaded the shaft and ta da! New threads and because its not load bearing I dont need to worry too much. Its 40lbs ft lbs of torque on this nut so Its not coming off ever unless I remove it hahah plus the lock washer I made.

Yeah ya gotta watch out for left handed threads , I bet that's a lesson you'll never forget :LOL:
That's one thing I hated about my dad's VW baja. For whatever reason the exhaust manifold studs were reverse thread. I helped him put a new exaust on it and kept forgetting about the reverse threads. I somehow busted the nut and not the stud on one. That was a hard nut to find

That's one thing I hated about my dad's VW baja. For whatever reason the exhaust manifold studs were reverse thread. I helped him put a new exaust on it and kept forgetting about the reverse threads. I somehow busted the nut and not the stud on one. That was a hard nut to find
Yeah I forget which car manufacture it was but the wheel lug nuts on the right side were left handed threads :LOL:

Didn't take long before they changed that , because left handed threads on lug nuts makes no difference and also because people couldn't get their wheels off :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I forget which car manufacture it was but the wheel lug nuts on the right side were left handed threads :LOL:
That would be Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, products back in the day, pre 1975...lol.

General Motors also used left hand lug nuts and wheel lugs on the driver side of virtually all pre-'65 Buick, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile models as well.

Didn't take long before they changed that , because left handed threads on lug nuts makes no difference and also because people couldn't get their wheels off :ROFLMAO:
That would be Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, products back in the day, pre 1975...lol.

General Motors also used left hand lug nuts and wheel lugs on the driver side of virtually all pre-'65 Buick, Pontiac, and Oldsmobile models as well.
Yeay, my Dart is that way. It took me a little while to figure that out 😆

Back