Electric conversion ideas

Whoo hoo, Intermistake Batteries, they're great if you like getting left in a parking lot someplace. The shear size of that battery is prohibitive for bike use.
Note the lol at the end. Cycling is referring to charging cycles not bicycles. I thought it was funny to show the largest battery I could find.

I made a friction drive with a light switch, two 10,000mah 4S batteries in parallel and a 500W motor I found on the road.

Quickly accelerated to 20mph with zero pedaling but I scrapped it when my chain fell off and I had no brakes!

Those brushed electric motors really rip!

Unfortunately even hobby lithium cells are very expensive and with no BMS you have to be careful.

I made a friction drive with a light switch, two 10,000mah 4S batteries in parallel and a 500W motor I found on the road.

Quickly accelerated to 20mph with zero pedaling but I scrapped it when my chain fell off and I had no brakes!

Those brushed electric motors really rip!

Unfortunately even hobby lithium cells are very expensive and with no BMS you have to be careful.
I've seen some of those brushed motors cheap. Didn't think they would be any good. One of these days I'll have to step over the edge to the dark side. I just don't want to burn my place down due to my lack of knowledge. Lol.

This is my conversion. Like others here, I was going to go the 2 cycle route, but, decided to go with a more modern twist.
I had a '51 Hiawatha frame, two fenders and a seat. The rest I had to purchase. The motor is a Bafang 1000W unit and a 17 amh battery system. I the rims have drum brakes and the rear is a Sturmy 3 speed controlled by twister shifter. It's a neat conversion! Glad I did it.

Attachments

• It's Electric.jpeg
    It's Electric.jpeg
    352.3 KB · Views: 23
This is my conversion. Like others here, I was going to go the 2 cycle route, but, decided to go with a more modern twist.
I had a '51 Hiawatha frame, two fenders and a seat. The rest I had to purchase. The motor is a Bafang 1000W unit and a 17 amh battery system. I the rims have drum brakes and the rear is a Sturmy 3 speed controlled by twister shifter. It's a neat conversion! Glad I did it.
Beautiful bike! The electric is a nice twist. It preserves the original look better.

Cool!

Is that a honda dream I see?

Back