E-bike side car!

DieselTech

Local time
1:35 AM
Guys & gals the ebike company I got my bike thru is now offering a side car option.

My question is have any of you ridden a side car equipped bicycle or motorcycle? I know there will be a new learning curve when it comes to the riding characteristics.

Is this a bad idea? My dog would love it thou.
Screenshot_20240318-112909_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240318-112932_Chrome.jpg

Never ridden with one but its tax return season so you should try it for us🤣
Get it for your 🐕
I need to find out if it uses a 20" wheel. I'm hoping it does, that way I dont need to worry about another tire/tube size to have on hand. Its definitely cool & it is shock & heim joint mounted.

Soo it should give you some maneuverability with the bike.

I would think riding that would be a lot like riding my trike and its not even close to riding a 2 wheel bike. Its almost like you will be learning a whole new thing. You will be doing a whole lot of leaning when turning and a lot more leaning when you are riding on roads with arches in them cause you will always feel like you are tipping over at first.
I really cant explain it that well but it will be a whole different experience.
Myself I would get a trailer before a side car just because of the width of bike lanes and the sidecar tire looks smaller then tires on bike

I would think riding that would be a lot like riding my trike and its not even close to riding a 2 wheel bike. Its almost like you will be learning a whole new thing. You will be doing a whole lot of leaning when turning and a lot more leaning when you are riding on roads with arches in them cause you will always feel like you are tipping over at first.
I really cant explain it that well but it will be a whole different experience.
Myself I would get a trailer before a side car just because of the width of bike lanes and the sidecar tire looks smaller then tires on bike
I like the trailer idea better too.

Back