E-bike mileage & PAS levels.

I've been able to coax 20 mpg from my pickup. It's got the 4.3L v6 and a 5spd. I reckon I can get more once I remove the catalytic converter and replace the o2 sensor.
That isn't great but the v6 wasn't that good on fuel. As I was told and didn't listen is you can buy a lot of fuel for the price of a payment on a newer one.

Actually, I could care less about long the battery lasts. I just charge 'n go!

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpeg
    IMG_0764.jpeg
    368.1 KB · Views: 14
Guys & gals I have spent the last month or so checking battery mileage at different PAS levels.

My 1st test was to check mileage against the manufacturers stated mileage for PAS level 2, which the manufacturer stated 108 miles on a single charge.

Test 1:

I'm here to say in PAS level 2 I got 115miles on the 1st charge, with 1 battery bar still remaining & a battery voltage of 44.1 volts. So I'm happy it exceeded the stated mileage, but it was all highway riding. PAS 2 is 18.5 mph. Then Charged batteries.

Test 2:
Ok on this test I stayed in PAS level 3 & got 111 miles on a charge & still had 1 remaining battery bar & battery voltage was 44.2 volts. Also on this test I had 8 miles in unlocked mode due to traffic flow. PAS Level 3 is 25mph. Again all highway riding. Charged batteries.

Test 3: Offroad
Ok on this test I was in PAS level 2 & got 92 miles of strictly offroad riding, I'm talking fairly heavy off roading, rock trails, ditches, creeks, center of railroad tracks, you name it. Lmao, I was hard on the old girl. After being beat to death from the riding conditions, I had 1 battery bar remaining, & battery voltage was 44.5 volts.

Also all of these test were performed with both hub motors engaged. Soo I'm real happy with my mileage. & I got more tests to run & post my results.

Also have any of you E-bike owners performed similar tests. If so, feel free to join in & comment. I'd would like to hear your results.

Freego F3 ProMax ebike with dual batterys & 55ah of battery capacity.

Thanks for listening to my rambling.
What watt motor & what Ah battery was used? If I pedal continuously, (which I do except when coasting) my display
shows little or no juice in use even on hills & different modes. My bike actually gains power on coasts.

Yeah I been reading up on battery loss over time. Most things i have read, mention/talk about how you should expect to loss 20% battery capacity/ life in the 1st year or 2 of owning a ebike.

But they also say/mention that if you buy some high dollar battery charger like the Grin, you can prevent the 20% battery loss for a longer period/time.

Yes my bike is a mileage hog if I air my tires down to 12-15psi. I keep mine at 20-22psi & that's how I performed these tests.
I have found more PSI improves range if not comfort:rolleyes:. I run 60/65 psi on 28"/2.00", which would be rather uncomfortable
had I not a suspension post & a well broken-in Brooks B-66. One 21Ah i have was down to 52.2v when I stopped using it
upon getting a new bike. It sat for two years. Remarkably, I charged it recently, & it seems to have healed back to 54.6.
I now wonder if ions redistribute when left unused over time, dispersing Lithium plaque.

I have found more PSI improves range if not comfort:rolleyes:. I run 60/65 psi on 28"/2.00", which would be rather uncomfortable
had I not a suspension post & a well broken-in Brooks B-66. One 21Ah i have was down to 52.2v when I stopped using it
upon getting a new bike. It sat for two years. Remarkably, I charged it recently, & it seems to have healed back to 54.6.
I now wonder if ions redistribute when left unused over time, dispersing Lithium plaque.
Your cells likely balanced out over time whilst they discharged. Not all BMS systems are created equal. Many pre-made batteries don't have a bms that will balance charge cells.

Back