Cylinder and head studs

I already mounted the engine and discovered after running it, the head is leaking. I know I should have checked the head nuts before installing, but didn’t expect that it would be loose enough to leak. I’m going to try to torque them with the engine mounted. They are hard to get to. Are the size of the nuts all the same or do they differ. If the same, what size are they?

Are the size of the nuts all the same or do they differ. If the same, what size are they?
The nuts should all be the same size,
To find the size, just keep trying metric sockets until you find the correct one

BTW If ya got acorn nuts they might be bottoming out, switch to regular nuts

The nuts should all be the same size,
To find the size, just keep trying metric sockets until you find the correct one

BTW If ya got acorn nuts they might be bottoming out, switch to regular nuts
Yes, I know to try different sockets, just thought someone would know off hand. Otherwise I had to make a trip into work to get my tools.
AND Yeah, still leaking after torquing. I will try regular nuts next.

SO APPRECIATE YOU FOR HELPING! Thank you guys!

Yes, I know to try different sockets, just thought someone would know off hand. Otherwise I had to make a trip into work to get my tools.
AND Yeah, still leaking after torquing. I will try regular nuts next.

SO APPRECIATE YOU FOR HELPING! Thank you guys!
YOUR WELCOME ! :LOL:

I already mounted the engine and discovered after running it, the head is leaking. I know I should have checked the head nuts before installing, but didn’t expect that it would be loose enough to leak. I’m going to try to torque them with the engine mounted. They are hard to get to. Are the size of the nuts all the same or do they differ. If the same, what size are they?
They are either 13mm or 14mm. That is for 8mm studs.

Back