Can anyone help me

Ok I believe I get it now lol sorry for the confusion. So I completely tape over the intake port, then fill the bottom up with jb, ok but how do I put the jb weld in if the intake port is taped? From the other side, inside? Or do you mean fill the intake port floor with jb then put tape over the intake and tilt then let settle then rework? Trying my best to understand my friend

Ok I believe I get it now lol sorry for the confusion. So I completely tape over the intake port, then fill the bottom up with jb, ok but how do I put the jb weld in if the intake port is taped? From the other side, inside? Or do you mean fill the intake port floor with jb then put tape over the intake and tilt then let settle then rework? Trying my best to understand my friend
You can do it many different ways. You don't have to fully cover the opening. The idea is to just create a dam and flat surface for it to sit against while it cures so it doesn't ooze out.

One suggestion I will make is to also tape up the inside of the cylinder around the intake port. The closer to the edge you can get, the better. I would tape it over and cut it out with a hobby knife. This is just in case you get some epoxy where you don;t want it.

Ok I finally get, with the help of my wife's mind lol. Thanks impulse rocket. I will try this method ASAP. In your opinion what kind of job weld would you use for this application.

Yes, it is toast but would be cool to use Impulse's method to rebuild it.
I was thinking of just making a heavy gasket that would cover the gap and call it good with a coat of gasket maker. Not great but good for now.

Back