Can anyone help me

sherron82

Local time
5:39 AM
Well I think I messed up my avenger cylinder, I did some porting and lowered it and now this is what happens. I just lowered it 1mm. Maybe if I get the dio reed it would cover that small gap. Jeeez leave it too me!!! Any opinions or options guys

Attachments

• IMG_20240228_054113.jpg
    IMG_20240228_054113.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20240228_054120.jpg
    IMG_20240228_054120.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20240228_054130.jpg
    IMG_20240228_054130.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 55
What's missing the 1mm? The 2 bolt port, or the top 4 bolt port? Is that what you're referring to? The gasket surface areas.

Looks a bit more than 1mm to me...
Is that reed made for that engine? the Avenger have a very large port, how does the gasket line up with the port?

JB weld *might* work to fill that cavity, then you can re-work the port and sand flat the face.

Well I think I messed up my avenger cylinder, I did some porting and lowered it and now this is what happens. I just lowered it 1mm. Maybe if I get the dio reed it would cover that small gap. Jeeez leave it too me!!! Any opinions or options guys
You need to draw a arrow or circle the bad spot in your pic, so we can see the problem.

I think I see the problem.

You need to draw a arrow or circle the bad spot in your pic, so we can see the problem.

I think I see the problem.
Ok I will when I get back home, I'm at work now, but see where the gap is under the G2 reed at the intake. My dumbass lowered it too much, got carried away, not paying attention and now I may have messed it up. I was thinking the dio reed adapter plate would block that maybe? I have a windowed piston and need to use a reed valve now.

Looks a bit more than 1mm to me...
Is that reed made for that engine? the Avenger have a very large port, how does the gasket line up with the port?

JB weld *might* work to fill that cavity, then you can re-work the port and sand flat the face.
The gasket covers it but not sure if that G2 reed is made for it, I thought a it was made for pretty much any engine as long as you had a window piston. Should I try the dio?

Have to look over me I'm new to this experiences with these engines. Ya live and learn though. I was on the avenger 85 bike group and fb and some dude pretty much said I was stupid, that pissed me off. I know I messed up but that's why that group is there to help ya know. Anyways hopefully I can figure this out without getting a new cylinder cause can't even find one. Wouldn't the dio reed adapter block that part?

Have to look over me I'm new to this experiences with these engines. Ya live and learn though. I was on the avenger 85 bike group and fb and some dude pretty much said I was stupid, that pissed me off. I know I messed up but that's why that group is there to help ya know. Anyways hopefully I can figure this out without getting a new cylinder cause can't even find one. Wouldn't the dio reed adapter block that part?
I do not know enough about the reeds, but I do know the Avenger port is bigger than YD's.

If your gasket still covers it and makes a positive seal then it *might* work but isn't likely as it might just blow that gasket away and get an air leak... another option is making a metal flange, RTVing it onto the reed housing that way it fills in the void.

Back