Calipers that come with mags are lackingā€¦

High end cable pull calipers are actually very effective when compared to rim brakes. The cheaper line-pull hydraulics are better than high end cable pull in terms of stopping power.

I am a fan of the cable pull because it allows me to retain a double pull brake lever on the throttle side, which solves 2 issues. 1, I can still dial in the brake force so the front pulls a little harder than the rear and I can keep both brakes on the right side. I tried a brake lever and clutch on the left side together, but my big hands make it awkward, and my left hand has tendon issues that makes it hard to work 2 different levers.

I got the CNC x-tech line pull hydraulic caliper and that solved my brake issues.
I just ordered some of those for my Phantom bike. They are supposed to arrive Monday!
High end cable pull calipers are actually very effective when compared to rim brakes. The cheaper line-pull hydraulics are better than high end cable pull in terms of stopping power.

I am a fan of the cable pull because it allows me to retain a double pull brake lever on the throttle side, which solves 2 issues. 1, I can still dial in the brake force so the front pulls a little harder than the rear and I can keep both brakes on the right side. I tried a brake lever and clutch on the left side together, but my big hands make it awkward, and my left hand has tendon issues that makes it hard to work 2 different levers.
These are the very same ones that I have used for sometime now and they work beautifully in stopping the Phantom beasts...lol.

Back