Calipers that come with mags are lacking…

Would be it safe to say that the cheap calipers that come with the mags suck?
Or, do I just need to adjust them more skillfully?
The adjustment on them is a fine line, I made mine just a tad tight and rode the pads down. I mean, if you spin the wheel it would stop after one revolution.

Get some line pull hydraulic calipers and make sure to bleed them
And exactly how would you bleed these sealed, self-contained, cable pull hydraulic calipers???...That is what I replaced my calipers with and thankfully have not needed any bleeding as I will be darned if I can find a bleeder screw on these at all...lol.

https://www.amazon.com/CNC-Hydraulic-Set,Bike-Pulling-Brake,Black/dp/B093Q64Q4H?ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_t&th=1

The adjustment on them is a fine line, I made mine just a tad tight and rode the pads down. I mean, if you spin the wheel it would stop after one revolution.
Exactly how I adjust mine as well.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
And exactly how would you bleed these sealed, self-contained, cable pull hydraulic calipers???...That is what I replaced my calipers with and thankfully have not needed any bleeding as I will be darned if I can find a bleeder screw on these at all...lol.

https://www.amazon.com/CNC-Hydraulic-Set,Bike-Pulling-Brake,Black/dp/B093Q64Q4H?ref_=pd_bap_d_grid_rp_0_1_t&th=1

Ive only ever dealt with hydraulics on the bars on a few mountain bikes. Those do have bleeder valves.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

That torx screw on the end of the caliper is the bleed screw. It's straight across from the actuator arm.

Would be it safe to say that the cheap calipers that come with the mags suck?
Or, do I just need to adjust them more skillfully?
You want some cheap good full hydrualic brakes. This is what's on my 120+lb ebike & it stops it dead in its tracks. Plus you can use the brake switch wiring for brake lights if you want. They make 2 different rotor size kits. The bigger rotor kits are $20 higher.
Screenshot_20231010-213920_Chrome.jpg

You want some cheap good full hydrualic brakes. This is what's on my 120+lb ebike & it stops it dead in its tracks. Plus you can use the brake switch wiring for brake lights if you want. They make 2 different rotor size kits. The bigger rotor kits are $20 higher. View attachment 200553
Damn fancy e bikes with no clutch 🤣

Back