Calif laws (enforcement) still messed up

My point was to get the DMV to give you a statement in writing as to why they wouldn't set you up to be legal. That way you would have something to show the police because perhaps next time he just might 'have time to deal with that kind of petty thing.'

I'm willing to wager that if you at least were able to show that you at least made some effort to become a legal rider in California the cops may be more likely to let you off the hook for the violations.

All laws originate from politics of some sort. There's no escaping that fact. Go ahead and delete my membership to the forum since it's that much of a problem here.

Thanks.

Ca. laws

I think if anyone wanted to get together "off site" and start discussions about the politics of Ca. law that would be the thing to do. This REALLY is not the place. If you're looking for ways to get your bike registered and a license in your pocket I think that discussion might be OK. But I think we've already said all there is to say about that. Know the law, show the DMV worker where to find it if you have to. Ask for a reason on DMV letterhead why they would not register your bike and I think thats all you can do. Show the paper to the cop if or when you get pulled over.
I'm moving on to other threads. I dont think we can learn anything by saying the same thing over and over. But it has been a real pleasure talking with all of you and I'm sure I'll see you on other threads.
Thanks,
Big Red.

Last edited:
freekin laws

as i know it, you don't need a license if you:
if under 16 need a helmet
no sidewalk riding
keep it under 21 mph

I've been riding these things for years, and have only been pulled over once, because I ran a stop sign. The cop loved it!
Ryan from Calicruzers

Ca. Law.

Hey Calicruzers,
You need to go back and read ALL the postings. I've also been riding M.B.s FOR YEARS and have been pulled over a few times. Just becouse the cop's don't know the law dont mean there ain't one. If a jerk cop wanted to he, or she, could give you a ticket, take your bike and just give you a REALLY hard time. So here I go ONE MORE TIME.
SEE DMV sec. 12804.9 (J) (5) (i). M-2 REQUIRED
Also see DMV sec 5036 and 5037. special plate required.
If you've been RIDING FOR YEARS you should already know these laws. If you never bothered to check them out then I think you need to educate yourself before you give ALL bikers a bad rep. And again, Check out ALL the posts in a thread before you post your opinion. We've already covered almost everything concerning California motorized bicycle Laws and don't need to go over it again and again, ect. Not trying to cap on you Bro, Just trying to help and educate when I can.
Thanks,
Big Red.

Ca. Law.

as i know it, you don't need a license if you:
if under 16 need a helmet
no sidewalk riding
keep it under 21 mph

I've been riding these things for years, and have only been pulled over once, because I ran a stop sign. The cop loved it!
Ryan from Calicruzers
The speed limit for gas bikes in ca. is 30mph. (electric= 20mph)
And riding one under the age of 16 is ILLEGAL. And if you are 16 or older you are still REQUIRED to wear a helmet.

Back