Calif laws (enforcement) still messed up

Well I went to the Lake Balboa riding complex and on the way there had to ride the street. Taking the street I passed a parked LAPD cruiser and was doing oh about 15 to 20 on my Izip electric MTN. Bike and he just did a double take which I caught in my rearview mirror as I passed. I guess he was parked reading a tablet, but no issues. When I went up on the regular sidewalk and cut my speed to about 10 as that part of the sidewalk is not all broken up, he never came. On the bike trail around the Balboa sports complex one mid afternoon during a weekday, I passed four bike cops and they all passed me. I was at full throttle and they didn't bug me. I had a black helmet on and wasn't driving erratically. On another day driving Victory I spotted a gas bike on the bikepath along Victory Blvd., he was full throttle but again a LAPD cruiser passing the same side of the street looked for a moment then continued on as if it was nothing.

Actually guys, what I have found is that these guys on their rams handle bar 15 speeds peddle faster then my battery bike at full throttle, much faster in fact. So I am figuring a smaller cc engine gas bike or even a gas trike is okay to ride, if worse comes to worse I can always kill the engine and peddle. I am going to try to maybe make my 3 wheel columbia a gasser in the near future, smaller engine though.

Well I went to the Lake Balboa riding complex and on the way there had to ride the street. Taking the street I passed a parked LAPD cruiser and was doing oh about 15 to 20 on my Izip electric MTN. Bike and he just did a double take which I caught in my rearview mirror as I passed. I guess he was parked reading a tablet, but no issues. When I went up on the regular sidewalk and cut my speed to about 10 as that part of the sidewalk is not all broken up, he never came. On the bike trail around the Balboa sports complex one mid afternoon during a weekday, I passed four bike cops and they all passed me. I was at full throttle and they didn't bug me. I had a black helmet on and wasn't driving erratically. On another day driving Victory I spotted a gas bike on the bikepath along Victory Blvd., he was full throttle but again a LAPD cruiser passing the same side of the street looked for a moment then continued on as if it was nothing.

Actually guys, what I have found is that these guys on their rams handle bar 15 speeds peddle faster then my battery bike at full throttle, much faster in fact. So I am figuring a smaller cc engine gas bike or even a gas trike is okay to ride, if worse comes to worse I can always kill the engine and peddle. I am going to try to maybe make my 3 wheel columbia a gasser in the near future, smaller engine though.

Just make it 2 gross brake horsepower ( around 49-50cc) or less and everything should be cool. California is pretty lax concerning MB's.
Big Red.

there is no right answer to this question, some say yes some say no , this is the question, if i buy a vintage motor bike like a 1940 wizzard , can i get a tag for it and ride it on the street in florida

Law

there is no right answer to this question, some say yes some say no , this is the question, if i buy a vintage motor bike like a 1940 wizzard , can i get a tag for it and ride it on the street in florida

Sorry bob, No answer for you on that one. All I really know is California law, which I was responding to slickdude about. Each state is a little and sometimes a lot different concerning Motorized laws. I have a hard enough time figuring out what the law REALLY means here, I don't think I'm gonna do that for each state.
Take your time and go through Florida law. It only took me about a year to find most of the Ca. law. And it can be pretty confusing.
Big Red.

Back