Broken exhaust, can it be fixed?

What size would that be? Bwahahahaha. Enter Ace H, say hey I need a nut.. Clerk asks what size? GW, same size as the rest. Clerk, WTF?(y)
To be even more specific it's an m6-10. I remember that from buying bolts to replace the motor mount studs at the home depot.

GW thanks for the laugh. lol. And btw, had a problem with the motor. It didn't come with ANY mounting studs. Tried using the ones from the previous EXACT SAME motor and nope.

Took the motor AND mounting bracket to a hardware store and it turns out I have FOUR different length studs in the bottom of that blasted motor. And they have to be the exact right length or it simply will not attach to the bracket or screw all the way into the motor. So all the same is rather meaningless to the Chinese it seems.

So all the same is rather meaningless to the Chinese it seems.
Their 12 year old Quality Control techs are gonna be mighty peeved at you for dissing their work and oversight in QC...lol...They make sure they always achieve the highest standards available to them, at least what a 12 year old can reach...lol...lol.

When the Chinese believe they have reached the pinnacle of perfection and standards, they never let go and they refuse to lower their standards from what they already are, (Can't get any lower then what they are already at anyways...lol.)...Just ask Elon...lol.

image009.jpeg

sg15SHU.png

hey guys, I'm baaaaack.

So ok, fixing this exhaust was easy enough, 6 metric nut. And I bought TWO just to make extra sure it would stay on.

Well hmmmmm. It didn't. Lucky I was just going around the block when the thing plopped of right in the road. I got off, kicked the very hot part to the curb, went home got some leather gloves and rescued my part.

So now.... is there some trick to putting this back on so it STAYS ON???? My thinking is that red lock tight would be useless since the way you remove that is with heat and this part gets so hot.

Is there some other product I can use to put these nuts back on so they STAY on?

hey guys, I'm baaaaack.

So ok, fixing this exhaust was easy enough, 6 metric nut. And I bought TWO just to make extra sure it would stay on.

Well hmmmmm. It didn't. Lucky I was just going around the block when the thing plopped of right in the road. I got off, kicked the very hot part to the curb, went home got some leather gloves and rescued my part.

So now.... is there some trick to putting this back on so it STAYS ON???? My thinking is that red lock tight would be useless since the way you remove that is with heat and this part gets so hot.

Is there some other product I can use to put these nuts back on so they STAY on?
I don't know if a nylon locking nut would melt, but its worth a shot. Using red loctite would probably work fine. Yes the part gets hot, but not hot enough to make the loctite let go

hey guys, I'm baaaaack.

Other than the attachment to the head, it should be supported in at least one other place.

hey guys, I'm baaaaack.

So now.... is there some trick to putting this back on so it STAYS ON????

I gotta feeling you didn't tighten one nut against the other nut and just put one nut on top of the other nut
If ya tighten one nut against another nut (double nut) it won't come loose or as you said "pop off"
No need loctite either

I don't know if a nylon locking nut would melt, but its worth a shot. Using red loctite would probably work fine. Yes the part gets hot, but not hot enough to make the loctite let go

Heat will just melt the nylon

I gotta feeling you didn't tighten one nut against the other nut and just put one nut on top of the other nut
If ya tighten one nut against another nut (double nut) it won't come loose or as you said "pop off"
No need loctite either

Ok I'm confused. If I put one nut on and tighten it, then put another on and tighten it, aren't the two tight against each other?
What did I do wrong here?

Back