Phantom style exhaust upgrade

Squiddley

Local time
8:21 AM
After going back and forth for a few months on which exhaust to buy I finally decided to buy the Phantom style for my 66 cc CG engine.
I have been having problems getting up the hills in my area with out some hard pedaling,this is with a 44 tooth gear.

I installed the pipe with minimum problems and took it for a ride,it seemed to gain some low end torque and started pulling the hills better than before and seemed to rev better,I then installed one of the low profile K and N style air filters and it seemed to gain some more power and changed my tune from close to perfect to probably as good as it gets.

It is louder than the stock pipe but not too obnoxious,the flange on the pipe that bolts to the cylinder had some warp to it but the 02 exhaust gasket was thick enough to work,the pipe came very close to my front tire,about one half inch clearance or so and the pipe seemed to be well made other than the warpage on the flange.

Overall I am happy with the upgrades especially when riding up the hills around here,now just need to get my brakes adjusted and go do a longer test ride.

On my Phantom, I elected to stay with the Phantom exhaust and I also run the low profile K & N wannabee airfilter...I couldn't be happier.

For the regular 66cc China Girls, I think these two minor modifications is about the best bolt on, no fuss, modifications that one can do to these things for the best bang for the buck your gonna get without having to start shelling out the big bucks to get more out of your motor.

The O2 exhaust gasket to replace the stock gasket is also one thing I always did as well when I was running my Zeda 80 as well as my old Seeutec motors...It is by far, a superior exhaust gasket than those thin, flimsy, stock gaskets.

Congrats to you on a very successful upgrade to your CG 66cc motor without breaking the bank account...lol.

I only wish I could convince more people to do exactly what you did and what I have already been doing for years.

Will get some pictures,going for a test run here in a few to see if my brakes are right,they were dragging some and squealing.

Found the brake problem,the spring broke on the front v brake,need to go to the bike shop and see if they have any.

The brake was dragging on one side and was pulling that way when the brakes were applied.

I need to fab up a support for the exhaust,I am thinking a hose clamp and some plumbs strap.

Picture

Attachments

• 20230726_124040_resized.jpg
    20230726_124040_resized.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 175
I hope that half inch clearance is enough between that front wheel and the pipe, you could always have a muffler shop bend it back a little more for you if it is a cause for concern in radiating too much heat transfer to the tire though, I know I would give it a little more clearance than what I am seeing here...Just a thought.

I hope that half inch clearance is enough between that front wheel and the pipe, you could always have a muffler shop bend it back a little more for you if it is a cause for concern in radiating too much heat transfer to the tire though, I know I would give it a little more clearance than what I am seeing here...Just a thought.
Or have the exhaust shop cut out about an inch or so in the middle and weld it back together. That's what I had to do with my bike. Those exhausts are built specifically for the gas bike frames, which is mildly annoying in some regards.

Those exhausts are built specifically for the gas bike frames, which is mildly annoying in some regards.
But they are also a perfect fit for the Hyper Beach Cruisers as I can attest to...Just view my bike pics to see how well it fits the Hypers with zero adaptations...It just bolts onto them with no issues of clearance or otherwise.

Back