bogging on top end help

the gap should never be more than .030"
but maybe the long spark made up somewhat for it being weak.
buy a good aftermarket CDI and high voltage coil and you will always have a hot spark so your bike can run good.

I used to run an .035 gap with no issue, I only changed it for easier starting.

just rode my bike and can do 60kmh but now when i do it starts to cut out.
i opened the spark plug gap a lot sounds like a weed waker clean and can do 60kmh i ride at that speed all day

the sum old plug that did not work well at the start now is the best i don't no sooooo over it like i say it is fixed now
Cool.
Beat that thing like it was a really bad neighborhood stray dog that bit you.
They are cheap disposable engines.

I've run everything from .025 through .060, and I consistently get better results with longer gaps

Big spark is a big plus with a lot of fuel to combust.

I don't mess around with spark, I give it everything I can.

On 2-stroke builds that means ditching that stock wire right from the mag terminals to an inch or two of CDI wire leads, with 16g double insulated black speaker cable, then use an NGK Iridium plug.

Every frigg'n milliamp of magneto current makes it to the CDI and out to the plug so I can see spark at noon in the sun in Phoenix in the summer ;-}

Overkill?
Ya maybe, and it is both a little expensive and time consuming to do, but I don't need to start with ignition on the rare occasion a build comes in for service.

Ya, that was a brag hehe, sorry guys ;-}

yeah i always get a new carby and then find i have to open the gap on the plug new cdi or not some times... on cdis. jay car the shop have a cdi kit you build your self for 2 stork motor i got one long time ago but did not no how to connect 2 wires to one spark plug cable but now i see you put it on a coil and it has the spark plug cable and the jay car cdi has 4 different sitings or bands. and when i saw in side the one on ebay it looks the same identical .some they put a key switch .that's all jay car sell that to and the box .. thanks to all every thing helps

Bogging Down At Top End

Hi! Same thing happened to me on my first build. Turned out being the carb was too rich. Instead of messing with the spark plug, raise the e=clip on the needle to it's highest point which will drop down the needle and lean the mix out. I'm surprised all these pros didn't advise you on that.

could be wrong but im pretty sure the e-clip only effects the bottom end of throttle. if its a fuel issue it would be a jet size issue not the e-clip

Same here. went from .024 to .031. Dramatic increase in fuel burned and 2 stroking strong at high speed.

Back