Bikeberry mags…

Im really NOT a fan of those 10 spoke rims...ive seen pics here in the forums somewhere, where they failed at the contact points where it connects to the rim...keep a good eye on it and for God's sake, dont inflate those "tyres" where they are rock hard with those already rock hard mags...Spoke wheels have some natural "give" and flex to them...mags do not...my tires say 40 to 65 pounds of air...mine are set at 35 front, to 38 rear, and give just enough flex to give a comfortable ride yet just inflated enough where they pass the "squeeze" test...your a bike guy so you know what i mean by this...lol...DAMIEN

English expat in the USA, though I am very Americanised!
You will notice that many times in my spelling, that i spell in English/Irish derivations thereof...Thats do to my South Boston upbringing and schooling with an Irish order of nuns called "The Sisters of Mercy"...Trust me when i say, they had NO mercy on me whatsoever...lol...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Americanised!
YEP...Amercanised, (Amercanized)...YEP, i can TOTALLY see that you are...lol...You will be comforted to know that this forum is actually controlled from Queensland Australia by Anton, the forum ADMIN...lol...That was one of your former penal colonies wasn't it ???...Just Duck for cover when ya see him online...lol...lol...DAMIEN

Ps...you are a breath of fresh air for me...lol.

You have, no doubt, noticed my Irish families coat of arms as my avatar...lol...The three lions and the sword in the right hand over the helmut and shield...Family moto, not seen here, that is on the C of A..."Strongest Arm Upper Most" or "Strong Hand From Above"...written in Gaelic of course...DAMIEN

Last edited:
Im really NOT a fan of those 10 spoke rims...ive seen pics here in the forums somewhere, where they failed at the contact points where it connects to the rim...keep a good eye on it and for God's sake, dont inflate those "tyres" where they are rock hard with those already rock hard mags...Spoke wheels have some natural "give" and flex to them...mags do not...my tires say 40 to 65 pounds of air...mine are set at 35 to 37 and give just enough flex to give a comfortable ride yet just inflated enough where they pass the "squeeze" test...your a bike guy so you know what i mean by this...lol...DAMIEN
Yeah- Hookworms really are a great tyre below 40 psi, so no worries here. I think I can see where the stress fractures could occur on this style of rim. This is the problem with stuff you can’t touch. This is one reason why I will paint the a nice, bright colour like faux BBS gold. I can see developing cracks. I was going to just strip them back to raw aluminium, but in the end, BBS gold will look smart. Not going to full replication as the frame will be Zombie Green and the brand name is “Jamisaki” (for a mate of mine). Said mate rings me, and speaks to me in a lousy fake English accent and calls me “Governor”. Bloody hell!!! 🤣 That is why my bike is a Jamisaki!!!

Ps...I still think that the English deported the best that England had to offer over to Australia...lol...Their loss, Australia's gain, that includes some of the best music artists, (vicariously so), such as Mike Hutchence from INXS...lol...R.I.P....(Video recorded in Prague, 1988)...DAMIEN

Ps...don't ya mean "Guvnar"...lol.

Last edited:
Ps...I still think that the English deported the best that England had to offer over to Australia...lol...Their loss, Australia's gain, that includes some of the best music artists, (vicariously so), such as Mike Hutchence from INXS...lol...R.I.P....(Video recorded in Prague, 1988)...DAMIEN

Ps...don't ya mean "Guvnar"...lol.

Yes- “guv’nah”. Jamisaki is a card. Always taking the piss out of my accent!

The saddest thing is that more of my relatives back home have seen more states than I have! Apparently a LOT of Americans only get to maybe, what- five states in their lifetime?

Apparently a LOT of Americans only get to maybe, what- five states in their lifetime?
Ive been to all 48 of the continental US myself, and three other countries besides...lol...Don't feel the need to travel further than my kitchen, bathroom or bedroom anymore at my age now though...lol...The refridgerator and freezer can always be an interesting trip though...lol...DAMIEN

Always taking the piss out of my accent!
The pastor at my church loves doing that to me at church, because i still have that old style Bostonian accent you rarely hear anymore in this day and age...lol.

Always taking the piss out of my accent!
The pastor at my church loves doing that to me at church, because i still have that old style Bostonian accent you rarely hear anymore in this day and age...lol.
What do you mean that the word "here", (He-yah), doesn't have two syllables ???...lol...DAMIEN

Back