Bike frames for motorized bicycles

graggy

Local time
10:58 AM
Has anyone here bought or know about the bike frames with built in gas tanks and mag wheels and brakes? I’m curious to know if I go all out on a new build. What frames would be best to do this with?

Has anyone here bought or know about the bike frames with built in gas tanks and mag wheels and brakes? I’m curious to know if I go all out on a new build. What frames would be best to do this with?
Avoid mag wheels.

Tri-spoke *can* be ok, but a quality spoked rim is safer.

This is basically the best frame this style for the money.

Or this if you want a 212 build

Hate to break the news but all of those in-tank bike frames are made of aluminum. Most of the long time builders prefer steel frames. You'd be better off getting a custom built gas tank for a steel frame.

Hate to break the news but all of those in-tank bike frames are made of aluminum. Most of the long time builders prefer steel frames. You'd be better off getting a custom built gas tank for a steel frame.
You definitely need to keep a closer eye on aluminum for sure.

But steel can crack too.

I give my bike a once over after every ride.

@Wyvern I wonder if you could ride any dirt bike tracks would let you ride your phatmoto on them
I don't know if there are any near me, if they allow gas powered dirt bikes, I'd imagine it would be ok.

I'd only be cautious because it IS aluminum, but I rode a bit in grass and that thing just tore it up with that 224, would be a hoot in lomey soil.

The problem isn't so much that the bikes are aluminum, what is the problem is that these frames have been designed to handle 2-3 horse engines on smooth roads at 25-30mph

The zeda frames hold up fine if you keep the engines stock, just do a dye penetrant test every 4-6 months of good riding.

The problem isn't so much that the bikes are aluminum, what is the problem is that these frames have been designed to handle 2-3 horse engines on smooth roads at 25-30mph

The zeda frames hold up fine if you keep the engines stock, just do a dye penetrant test every 4-6 months of good riding.
Trying 15+ with my Phatmoto soon, that's 5X more HP and torque stock.

Good thing they started selling frames separately.

Should be ok if I breathe on the throttle.

DieseTech posted this up in my Good Bike Deals thread.
Rocket Bike

It's not perfect, but I honestly wonder if it could be a good bike with some upgrades. Namely, swap out to different wheels to get rid of the rag joint and convert it to disc brakes. It's got a "Specially Designed Strong Frame" according to the information lol. They don't tell you what it's made out of, but I also found them on Aliexpress and it states the frames are thicker steel tubing.

Honestly, suspension forks with disc brakes and better wheels and it would make kind of a cool bike. I'm almost tempted to buy one just for the fun of it.

Back